Auditions for The Current - Tenors, Baritones, Basses

  • thecurrentnyc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2013
      Calling all tenors, baritones, and basses! We're sliding into summer with a search for former collegiate a cappella junkies, all-out karaoke rockstars, secret shower crooners, grown-up choir Gleeks, and any other gentlemen who can SANG.

      Are you that guy? Check it out and/or pass it on.

      The Current is a semi-professional mixed a cappella group in NYC, whose musical heart beats for pop, rock, and other contemporary-ish material, including indie and original music. Founded in January 2011, we are presently a fifteen-strong group of a cappella-philes – mostly college group alums – well into our third big year on the scene. And while we're now all adults here (allegedly), what we loved most about our former groups has been where we've always strived to start and end: a solid sonic blend, with some A-major value placed on camaraderie in the process – plus as much stage action as we can stir up.

      In the past couple of months, we performed at Make Music NY, auditioned for *The Sing-Off*, helped propose marriage, hosted/headlined an aca-party downtown at The Delancey, wowed at a jacket-and-tie event, and became the newest group to be accepted into CASA's Contemporary A Cappella League – and now we want some more vocal cohorts.

      At this time we are looking for 1-3 new dudes to round out our roster. Bonus points if you are also a vocal percussionist and/or arranger, though neither of those skills is required. In terms of demographics, the group is comprised of a wide range of ages (presently 20's-40's), day jobs, lifestyles, and musical tastes – and we like it that way, so bring it on. If you meet any to all of the following criteria, we will be so excited to hear from you:

      - You are a solid singer who loves to sing
      - You sing tenor, baritone, and/or bass
      - You have a good ear for harmony
      - You have a good sense of rhythm
      - You learn music quickly
      - You have past experience with an a cappella group
      - You heart this genre and yearn for a Big Apple aca-posse
      - You have the ability to blend with other voices and hold your own part
      - You like to sing solos and otherwise perform on stage
      - You work well with a group
      - You are directable, yet also willing to contribute
      - You are fun, easy-going, and accountable
      - You are willing and able to commit to regular Wednesday night rehearsals
      - You have room in your schedule for gigs and other group-related greatness

      Auditions will be held on the evening of Wednesday, July 24th, in midtown Manhattan, with callbacks for those we'd like to hear again on the evening of Wednesday, July 31st. Please email TheCurrentNYC@... for more information and to schedule an audition. If you have a calendar conflict with these dates (or see this announcement after the fact), other options may be available, so feel free to get in touch.

      Thanks for reading, forwarding, and/or relevantly re-posting.
      We look forward to hearing you sing for us soon!

      www.TheCurrentNYC.com
      www.facebook.com/TheCurrentNYC