Western Wind Goes to Australia Preview

  • The Western Wind
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11 12:41 PM

      Send The Western Wind Off ToAustralia !

      Join us for a special preview performance

      for The Sydney Australia Jewish Museum

      We Are Still Here! (Mir Zaynen Do!)

      Saturday, March 10, 2012 • 8:00 PM

      Temple Ansche Chesed, 251 West 100th Street , NYC 5th Floor

      "In the darkest days of World War II, in the midst

      of cataclysmic terror and dislocation, music was a

      life raft, a platform for grief and rage, giving succor,

      consolation, comfort, and  fleeting moments of normality.”

      A commemoration of the Holocaust through music and readings.

      Yiddish and Chassidic folk songs

      Songs of exiled composers—Kurt Weill, Paul Hindemith

      Music by artists whose careers were shattered—The Comedian Harmonists

      Music from the Terezin concentration camp—Gideon Klein, Viktor Ullman

      Ghetto tangos

      Songs of the Vilna Ghetto

      Songs of the resistance

      Songs of comfort and hope

      The Western Wind

      Linda Lee Jones, Elizabeth Farnum (guest artist), sopranos

      William Zukof, countertenor • Todd Frizzell, David Vanderwal, tenors

      Elliot Z. Levine, baritone

      Free for Members of The Friends of The Western Wind

      Suggested Contribution: $25 • $15 student/senior

      Patron’s Row $100 • Sponsor $50

      (Proceeds benefit The Western Wind Arts in Education and Workshop Programs)

      For Reservations and information

      Call (212) 873-2848 or e-mail: info@...

      Reserve online:  http://www.westernwind.org/March10.htm

      Join us for a post-concert send-off reception!

      We leave for Australia on Monday, March 12, 2012.

      This concert is made possible with public funds from the New York State

      Council on the Arts and the New York City Department of Culural Affairs