Mixed NYC a cappella group holding auditions!

  • Patrick Dillon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2012
      Hey a cappella enthusiasts of New York! I'm Patrick, and my friend Leanne and I, have started a new co-ed a cappella group called the Lost Keys (www.lostkeysnyc.com) right here in the city! Among our present members, we have performed in groups at the College of William and Mary, Bucknell University, Wake Forest University, Yale University, UNC Chapel Hill, and Westminster Choir College.

      During undergrad, I was a member and the music director my senior year of the ICCA South Region Champions William and Mary DoubleTake. I then founded and directed the Deaftones, a co-ed group at Westminster Choir College while I was working on my master's degree. Now I'm a public school music teacher on Long Island.

      Leanne sang with an all-female group in undergrad, then with a co-ed semi-pro group here in NY. When she moved to London, she formed a group there called Sound of the Underground. She's now back and we're excited to sing with this new group in NYC.

      We're about making music, having fun, and keeping an active performance schedule. We are interested in performing pop, rock, and other contemporary styles, including originals.

      We have had a lot of successful auditions, and now we're looking for a few more singers with versatile voices from all walks of life to round out our sound:

      - sopranos, altos, tenors, baritones, and basses
      - strong solo voices
      - an ability to blend
      - an ability to read music
      - vocal percussion
      - past experience with an a cappella group
      - a good sense of humor

      Auditions will be on Tuesday, January 24th starting at 7:30. Please contact us at patrickkdillon@... if you are interested in a time slot. Include your name, voice part, singing experience and any other relevant information, as well as a video or recording of you singing. We look forward to hearing from you!