West Side 5 Performs at Parkside Lounge

  • ehughes133
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2010
      The dynamic and talented new vocal jazz quintet, West Side 5, will be performing at Parkside Lounge on Tuesday, March 16th. They're warming up for their Harmony Sweepstakes appearance in DC in April, and they have a few new arrangements to premiere.

      Space is limited at this venue, so plan to arrive early if you want a seat!

      Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010
      Time: 8:30pm - 9:20pm
      Location: Parkside Lounge
      317 East Houston Street
      New York, NY

      LISTEN HERE:
      www.myspace.com/westsidefive

      GROUP BIO:
      West Side 5 is a vocal jazz quintet based in New York, NY. Influenced by vocal jazz ensemble greats like the Real Group, Manhattan Transfer and the New York Voices, West Side 5 performs original interpretations of jazz, pop, and bossa nova standards at various venues in the New York/New Jersey area.

      Will, Lara, Eric, John and Sara first met through their membership in a singing group at Harvard College, VoxJazz, where they were members of various generations of the group. Each member brings a unique voice and specialty to the group's complex sound.

      They found each other again in New York and have proven themselves, whether traveling the world with various ensembles, recording a dozen or so CDs amongst them, or performing on some of the world's most recognizable cities and stages: Carnegie Hall, L'Opera Garnier, Notre Dame, and more.

      Group members include:
      Lara Hirner, Soprano
      Sara Wajnberg, Alto
      John Shumway, Tenor
      Eric Hughes, Baritone
      Will Fithian, Bass
    • ehughes133
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2010
        Final friendly reminder about our performance Tuesday night! (see below)

        We've made contact with a few groups in NY so far, and would love to meet more; if you come to the show, please introduce yourself afterwards. We'll be sticking around for drinks and such.