Music Director/Pianist Wanted

  • hi5vw
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2009
      SEEKING MUSIC DIRECTOR/PIANIST
      Established, highly skilled, 5 member vocal harmony group (SATB) is looking to replace our pianist/music director of four years. Group specializes in challenging, intricate and original jazz/pop arrangements and is accompanied by piano and, on occasion, bass and drums. Most gigs are paid but all members have alternate sources of income. Rehearsals are 2 evenings/week in Nyack, NY (30 minutes north of Manhattan).

      Requirements:
      *Great piano chops--jazz/pop style
      *Highly trained ear for vocal harmonies. This is not just about learning notes.
      *Leadership capability
      *Passion for process, creativity, artistry & excellence
      *Sense of humor, commitment & collaboration
      *Access to a car.
      *Performance skills, singing & arranging a PLUS.

      This is a sweet deal for the right person who is looking to work with 4 accomplished singers to create a top level musical experience. And, if you happen to be an arranger, this offers you the opportunity to hear your arrangements sung by a quality vocal group.

      For more details, please call 914-661-3083.