2372NYC coed a capella group looking for singers

  • tsgnewyork
    Jan 7, 2014

      Hello NYC singers,

      We are a co-ed a cappella / singing group which means we do most of our songs a cappella and some with guitar. We're based in the New York area and we rehearse every Tuesday night from 7:00 to 9:00 PM in Chelsea.

      We do covers of rock, pop, and country songs. Some of the artists we cover include: Bruce Springsteen, Toto, Queen, Allen Stone, The Lone Bellow, Kings of Leon, Mumford & Sons, Michael Jackson, The Police and more.

      Some songs were arranged by our own members, others we've purchased for use. Our structure is 4 people per part, i.e., four sopranos, altos, tenors, basses, 16 people in all. Some of our songs are simple arrangements and some of them have eight different parts.

      We have been around for 2 years and we have performed at various venues in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens.

      Currently we are looking for a true BASS, a true SOPRANO & TENOR singers. We need singers who project well, have good control, and feel comfortable performing live.

      We're a fun energetic group ranging from ages 20-40. We love hanging out together in various musical settings like seeing live bands, going to movies, and of course going to karaoke. We occasionally go out after rehearsal for a few drinks or something to eat. We're looking for someone who is a hard worker, but doesn't take it too seriously. Someone who is fun and loves making music and is ready to laugh at any of his/her (and anyone else's!) mistakes.

      The ability to read music is a plus. Same goes for playing an instrument, if you do great otherwise it's not necessary.

      If you are interested please send us an email and we'll go from there.

      Happy New Year! :)

      -TSG

      https://www.facebook.com/TSGNYC

      https://soundcloud.com/tsgnyc