[nwneon] last blast at SIR..where was everybody?

  • cmoore@tscnet.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999

      I went out to S.I.R on Sunday (Halloween) where I was the lonely neon there =(. Another day of much needed practice for me as the weather conditions cancelled all racing except for test & tune runs.

      The track was visibly wet till 11 but the race officials let anyone that had street tires run the "waterslide."  Arriving late as I had, I heard the "call for the crazies" before getting the slicks on, and so I decided to give it a go with street tires. Well the launch was ok (2.248) but the spinouts in the 1st–2nd  & 2nd–3rd shifts were definitely scary (the car actually wiggled to the left a bit) but somehow even with limited traction, I managed a 14.905 @ 91.348 (on the stock rims and tires). Wide-eyed and white knuckled, I headed for the pits and waited on Mr. Sunshine to dry things up a bit.

      After a while, the sun warmed up and dried up all the rain, with that the staging lanes backed up around the corner. So I slapped on the slicks and waited my turn. I got two more runs in (on slicks this time) before having to head for home to feed the "trick or treaters."

      Here's the numbers:

      R/T

      .278 I know I was asleep at the light all day =(

      60ft

      2.070

      330ft

      5.997

      660ft

      9.321 @ ??? not recorded =(

      990ft

      12.214

      ET

      14.687 @ 90.952

      R/T

      .220

      60ft

      2.030

      330ft

      5.968

      660ft

      9.314 @ 73.694

      990ft

      12.208

      ET

      14.682 @ 90.774

      Not great numbers by any sense, but I’m getting better at driving it and my ET‘s getting better (with slower 60fts by about a tenth than last time out and still faster with similar temps). I can’t wait till I learn how to really drive it. I have to wonder what the car could do if someone like Scott Mohler or Don Howard drove it.

      cmoore

    • Matt Laverty (Volt Computer)
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999
        if i'd had some advance notice I would have been out kicking some ass in the new ACR!!! *Grin*

        sorry i wasnt there....
[...]

        click here
        Click Here!
        eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/nwneon