[nwneon] Re: next meeting

  • Jason Farnsworth
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 1, 1999
      I certainly read it.

      Hey, e-mail me before those Mopar meeting!!!  I want to go but I'm to busy to keep track of these meetings.

      For those of you that don't know already here is what I'd like to do for NWNE.  First, there are now a LOT of members, according to the web page so after the next meeting most of our meething are going to be seperate.  I'm really waiting for spring to roll around to scheule several events for us, then I want to have monthly meeting in both WA and OR with a big meeting between them like twice a year or so.

      For our NEXT event I'd like to have a BBQ someplace in southern washington, for all the WA and OR members to attend.  From then on I'm looking of a local place for the WA meeting.  Does Bellevue sound like a decent place for most of you?  I know it's a little far north for me but I'm willing to make the drive once a month.

      Josh, I don't spose you know of any place in OR meeting could be held once a month?

      Well, at this point in time I'm just waiting for the rain to stop so that I can wash my car!!  It sounds like you've been doing a lot of stuff on yours Chris, I get I'll just have to shame you when I get that 2001 R/T ;)

      Ttyl!!
      ________________________________
      Jason Farnsworth
      jason@...
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 1, 1999
        Hey, i would to do something sometime....but living over here in spokane on
        the east side of state, and driving the bellvue is quite a distance, even once
        a month. Perhaps something like wenatchee, and somewhere in the
        middle....even levingworth, that would be cool. As for a place further
        south...personally, i would say something like pasco, but thats a big drive
        for you seattle area people. Anyways, let me know, and ill try my best.

        adam

        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 1, 1999
          Wow, you are going to make this really hard huh ;) Levingworth is AWESOME,
          I'd do it there but it's soooooooo far away. Mabey we can rotate the
          locations so that some months it's closer for other people?

          ________________________________
          Jason Farnsworth
          jason@...

          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 1, 1999
            Something like that....but im not gonna drive the passes till atleast april.
            My car does ok in snow, but when it hits slush, i park here. Ive heard the
            passes are getting better, but i still wont until april. Otherwise thats fine
            with me. I have family in seattle that would love to see me ever other month
            or so, hehe.

            Adam

            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 1, 1999
              Yah, like I said I'm kinda waiting till spring anyways. I don't really feel
              like having a meeting with THIS kinda of weather (dunno how it is over there
              but it's like a wall of rain here) =)

              ________________________________
              Jason Farnsworth
              jason@...

            • StoCaRacer@aol.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 1, 1999
                I for one would like to go to one of these meetings. I live just east of
                Portland, but can meet most anywhere on the weekends. (Except race weekends!)
                So far the only Neon affectionados I've met have been my fellow racers in
                Portland and Eugene. When things are solid, just post date and times, and
                hope to see ya there!

                BTW, in Portland, Stark Street Pizza is a hospitable host to racers and car
                enthusiasts alike. It would make a good place to meet for the northern OR
                guys. Where are the bulk of the OR or S.WA members?

                Rick Burningham
                SCCA Solo II
                #32 D Stock
                Neon ACR

                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 1, 1999
                  I can't say for certain where all of the OR neon members are but the
                  washinton members are spread all over the place.

                  You mentioned something else I wanted to touch on... guys, I really think it
                  would be awesome to meet an an auto-x or something. Have like 25 neons out
                  there... I'm sure it would be a blast. I'll look into it but personally I
                  haven't really beed to any of these events before, if somebody knows
                  something about them or goes to them let me know!

                  ________________________________
                  Jason Farnsworth
                  jason@...

                • Garsutt@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 1, 1999
                    When you guys get a solid time and place for the next meeting, tell me, and
                    I'll try to be there. I wouldn't mind a meeting near Portland or Spokane
                    after the weather improves of course.

                    For those interested in autocrossing, Western Washington Sports Car Council is
                    holding practice runs several Sundays in March in preparation for the season
                    starting in April. Most of the practices are at Boeing in Kent, but I think
                    at least one is in Bremerton. For the full calendar of events check out this
                    web site ( WWW.wwscc.org ). Hope to see you all at the NWNEON meeting.

                    Bye...............Gary S.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 1, 1999
                      There is an Auto-X this Sunday (the 7th) in Eugene. If anyone wants
                      directions, I'll be happy to show you the way.

                      Following that, we are racing at Portland Int'l Raceway on the following:
                      April 10, Autocross School
                      April 11, Event #1
                      May 1, Event #2
                      May 2, Event #3
                      Aug 14, Event #4
                      Aug 15, Event #5
                      Sept 25, Event #6
                      Sept 26, Event #7

                      A lot less events than last year......

                      I also have a schedule for auto-x's further south, like Siskiyou Sports Car
                      Club, the Emerald Empire Sports Car Club (Eugene), and a contact number for
                      one in Medford that is run on a fast Kart track. I DON'T have the schedules
                      for Seattle or Bremerton, but hope to get them soon, as well as actually get
                      up there to race!

                      Rick Burningham
                      #32 D Stock
                      Neon ACR

                      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/nwneon
                    • James Duggins
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 2, 1999
                        Hmm...Bellevue would work...but I have a feeling we are way to spread
                        out...anything possible for the weekend but the week, but being a full-time
                        college student and work full time kills my week.

                        Anyone out there know of any supercharger kits?? I've looked but come up
                        short. If there isn't anything me and my crew will probably have to come up
                        with something custom at our shop. Dont know how many people have tinkered
                        with it but I have three upgrade options I'm looking into. NOS,
                        turbo/supercharger, TEC II (with or without TB's) and I'm trying to decide
                        how I should choose with what to mix and to go with. Don't want to destroy
                        my car everytime I drive to work, so I was thinking supercharger running
                        about 6-8lbs and the TEC II w/TB's and a 50 to 75 shot. Going to have to do
                        a lot of engine work but I think it can be done...

                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 2, 1999
                          Yes, I'd set the meeting up for a weekend without a doubt.... I'm pretty
                          sure that MOST people in our group are to busy week days (I certainly am).

                          I don't believe there are any official supercharger kits available for the
                          neon yet, but I do know that some people have rolled their own. Mabey you
                          should wait for that new hydraulic supercharger thing that garret or one of
                          those companies is working on, looks cool.

                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 2, 1999
                            hydraulic supercharger!? any more info on it? Is it just the supercharger
                            they are coming out with, or they actually going to have a Neon kit?

                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 2, 1999
                              Uhm... I don't have all the specifics with me. It's in the latest edition
                              of Sport Compact Car, which is at home and I'm at work. They aren't going
                              to have any 'kits' but one of the cool things about it is that you can place
                              it virtually anyplace in your engine bay. It has most of the pros of both
                              superchargers and turbochargers with very few of the cons of either. It is
                              however still parasitic like other superchargers.

                              Jason

                            • rokketgt@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 20 , May 12, 1999
                                Did we ever decide where the next meeting will be held?

                                see you there.
                                Wayne

                                eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/nwneon
                              • Jason
                                Message 15 of 20 , May 12, 1999
                                  yup.. check out the events at www.nwneon.net

                                  > Did we ever decide where the next meeting will be held?
                                  >
                                  > see you there.
                                  > Wayne

                                  > @Backup - The #1 Online Backup Service
                                  > Automatic, Safe, Reliable Backup and Restores. FREE for
                                  > 30 Days. INSTALL Now and have a chance to win a Palm Pilot V!
                                  > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/218
                                  >
                                  > eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/nwneon
                                  > http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications

                                  eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/nwneon
                                • Christoher Mcnulty
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Nov 25, 1999
                                    I'm an Hour N of Seattle, I didn't know that you had a bad turn out last time. so I guess it was a bad suggestion.  It was a bummer I couldn't make it last meeting, I would have been fun.  Just let me know ahead of time so I can make arrangements. I have a friend and fellow neon driver who would come with me if I got at least 2 weeks advanced notice.  I was thinking, we have and indoor Kart track that is a blast. it would make a good gathering.  I work for Pacific Party Canopies and I can get event tents, tables , and chairs, even a sound system at no cost, just thought id mention that.

                                    CXhris
                                  • Michael Lee
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Nov 25, 1999
                                      Hey I'd be game to come along. :-)

                                      > Christoher Mcnulty wrote:
                                      >
                                      > I'm an Hour N of Seattle, I didn't know that you had a bad turn out
                                      > last time. so I guess it was a bad suggestion. It was a bummer I
                                      > couldn't make it last meeting, I would have been fun. Just let me
                                      > know ahead of time so I can make arrangements. I have a friend and
                                      > fellow neon driver who would come with me if I got at least 2 weeks
                                      > advanced notice. I was thinking, we have and indoor Kart track that
                                      > is a blast. it would make a good gathering. I work for Pacific Party
                                      > Canopies and I can get event tents, tables , and chairs, even a sound
                                      > system at no cost, just thought id mention that.
                                      >
                                      > CXhris
                                      > [Click Here!]
                                      > eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/nwneon

                                      Michael Lee
                                      (206)547-7118
                                      ICQ# 11305683
                                      ==== ====
                                      == ==
                                      ___________
                                      /*|-------|*\
                                      [ _________ ]
                                      [/ \]
                                      |\_________/|
                                      (\| |/)
                                      | | | |
                                      | |_______| |
                                      \|/ ACR \|/
                                      |\_________/|
                                      [`| |_| | ]
                                      [o|_______|o]
                                      \___________/
                                      ________________________________
                                      |If you cannot say what you mean:|
                                      |You can never mean what you say:|
                                      |________________________________/
                                    • Jason Farnsworth
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Nov 25, 1999
                                        The party toys sound cool :)

                                        > I'm an Hour N of Seattle, I didn't know that you had a bad turn out
                                        > last time. so I guess it was a bad suggestion. It was a bummer I
                                        > couldn't make it last meeting, I would have been fun. Just let me
                                        > know ahead of time so I can make arrangements. I have a friend and
                                        > fellow neon driver who would come with me if I got at least 2 weeks
                                        > advanced notice. I was thinking, we have and indoor Kart track that
                                        > is a blast. it would make a good gathering. I work for Pacific Party
                                        > Canopies and I can get event tents, tables , and chairs, even a sound
                                        > system at no cost, just thought id mention that.
                                      • Matt Laverty (Volt Computer)