[nwneon] next meeting

  • cmoore@soundcom.net
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 27, 1999
      wow this board is really quiet. Makes me wonder if anyone reads this stuff.

      On that note... Jason and Josh are working on the next full scale NWNE meeting and I thought I would try to throw a little incentive to get people to come out for it (especially after no one came to the Mopar Unlimited meetings*).

      A while back I switched from my Quikpipe to the Iceman (the QP didnt flow enough air after I swapped for the GUDE port and polished intake manifold and big bore TB--it's still a great piece compared to the stock airbox). The last few weeks I have been wondering what to do with it. What I propose is that any member that shows up for the meeting will get his/her name thrown into a hat and and whoever's name is picked at the end of the meeting gets the QP free of charge (even if you don't need it you can always sell it). I'm also going to hit up my Mopars Unlimited brethren for some other giveaway goodies (cross your fingers).

      cmoore 98 R/T [slightly altered]

      *did you know: that Mopars Unlimited members get Mopar Performance parts at cost from Tim Matson Dodge? Could come in handy when that $$Mopar CPU$$ comes out. Even Crate motors too..

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/nwneon
    • Jason Farnsworth
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 1 12:39 AM
        I certainly read it.

        Hey, e-mail me before those Mopar meeting!!!  I want to go but I'm to busy to keep track of these meetings.

        For those of you that don't know already here is what I'd like to do for NWNE.  First, there are now a LOT of members, according to the web page so after the next meeting most of our meething are going to be seperate.  I'm really waiting for spring to roll around to scheule several events for us, then I want to have monthly meeting in both WA and OR with a big meeting between them like twice a year or so.

        For our NEXT event I'd like to have a BBQ someplace in southern washington, for all the WA and OR members to attend.  From then on I'm looking of a local place for the WA meeting.  Does Bellevue sound like a decent place for most of you?  I know it's a little far north for me but I'm willing to make the drive once a month.

        Josh, I don't spose you know of any place in OR meeting could be held once a month?

        Well, at this point in time I'm just waiting for the rain to stop so that I can wash my car!!  It sounds like you've been doing a lot of stuff on yours Chris, I get I'll just have to shame you when I get that 2001 R/T ;)

        Ttyl!!
        ________________________________
        Jason Farnsworth
        jason@...
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 1 12:41 AM
          Hey, i would to do something sometime....but living over here in spokane on
          the east side of state, and driving the bellvue is quite a distance, even once
          a month. Perhaps something like wenatchee, and somewhere in the
          middle....even levingworth, that would be cool. As for a place further
          south...personally, i would say something like pasco, but thats a big drive
          for you seattle area people. Anyways, let me know, and ill try my best.

          adam

          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 1 12:47 AM
            Wow, you are going to make this really hard huh ;) Levingworth is AWESOME,
            I'd do it there but it's soooooooo far away. Mabey we can rotate the
            locations so that some months it's closer for other people?

            ________________________________
            Jason Farnsworth
            jason@...

          • W0Hhaze@aol.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 1 12:47 AM
              Something like that....but im not gonna drive the passes till atleast april.
              My car does ok in snow, but when it hits slush, i park here. Ive heard the
              passes are getting better, but i still wont until april. Otherwise thats fine
              with me. I have family in seattle that would love to see me ever other month
              or so, hehe.

              Adam

              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 1 12:52 AM
                Yah, like I said I'm kinda waiting till spring anyways. I don't really feel
                like having a meeting with THIS kinda of weather (dunno how it is over there
                but it's like a wall of rain here) =)

                ________________________________
                Jason Farnsworth
                jason@...

              • StoCaRacer@aol.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 1 1:18 AM
                  I for one would like to go to one of these meetings. I live just east of
                  Portland, but can meet most anywhere on the weekends. (Except race weekends!)
                  So far the only Neon affectionados I've met have been my fellow racers in
                  Portland and Eugene. When things are solid, just post date and times, and
                  hope to see ya there!

                  BTW, in Portland, Stark Street Pizza is a hospitable host to racers and car
                  enthusiasts alike. It would make a good place to meet for the northern OR
                  guys. Where are the bulk of the OR or S.WA members?

                  Rick Burningham
                  SCCA Solo II
                  #32 D Stock
                  Neon ACR

                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 1 1:26 AM
                    I can't say for certain where all of the OR neon members are but the
                    washinton members are spread all over the place.

                    You mentioned something else I wanted to touch on... guys, I really think it
                    would be awesome to meet an an auto-x or something. Have like 25 neons out
                    there... I'm sure it would be a blast. I'll look into it but personally I
                    haven't really beed to any of these events before, if somebody knows
                    something about them or goes to them let me know!

                    ________________________________
                    Jason Farnsworth
                    jason@...

                  • Garsutt@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 1 11:13 AM
                      When you guys get a solid time and place for the next meeting, tell me, and
                      I'll try to be there. I wouldn't mind a meeting near Portland or Spokane
                      after the weather improves of course.

                      For those interested in autocrossing, Western Washington Sports Car Council is
                      holding practice runs several Sundays in March in preparation for the season
                      starting in April. Most of the practices are at Boeing in Kent, but I think
                      at least one is in Bremerton. For the full calendar of events check out this
                      web site ( WWW.wwscc.org ). Hope to see you all at the NWNEON meeting.

                      Bye...............Gary S.

                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 1 10:53 PM
                        There is an Auto-X this Sunday (the 7th) in Eugene. If anyone wants
                        directions, I'll be happy to show you the way.

                        Following that, we are racing at Portland Int'l Raceway on the following:
                        April 10, Autocross School
                        April 11, Event #1
                        May 1, Event #2
                        May 2, Event #3
                        Aug 14, Event #4
                        Aug 15, Event #5
                        Sept 25, Event #6
                        Sept 26, Event #7

                        A lot less events than last year......

                        I also have a schedule for auto-x's further south, like Siskiyou Sports Car
                        Club, the Emerald Empire Sports Car Club (Eugene), and a contact number for
                        one in Medford that is run on a fast Kart track. I DON'T have the schedules
                        for Seattle or Bremerton, but hope to get them soon, as well as actually get
                        up there to race!

                        Rick Burningham
                        #32 D Stock
                        Neon ACR

                        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/nwneon
                      • James Duggins
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 2 12:23 AM
                          Hmm...Bellevue would work...but I have a feeling we are way to spread
                          out...anything possible for the weekend but the week, but being a full-time
                          college student and work full time kills my week.

                          Anyone out there know of any supercharger kits?? I've looked but come up
                          short. If there isn't anything me and my crew will probably have to come up
                          with something custom at our shop. Dont know how many people have tinkered
                          with it but I have three upgrade options I'm looking into. NOS,
                          turbo/supercharger, TEC II (with or without TB's) and I'm trying to decide
                          how I should choose with what to mix and to go with. Don't want to destroy
                          my car everytime I drive to work, so I was thinking supercharger running
                          about 6-8lbs and the TEC II w/TB's and a 50 to 75 shot. Going to have to do
                          a lot of engine work but I think it can be done...

                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 2 1:27 AM
                            Yes, I'd set the meeting up for a weekend without a doubt.... I'm pretty
                            sure that MOST people in our group are to busy week days (I certainly am).

                            I don't believe there are any official supercharger kits available for the
                            neon yet, but I do know that some people have rolled their own. Mabey you
                            should wait for that new hydraulic supercharger thing that garret or one of
                            those companies is working on, looks cool.

                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 2 1:07 PM
                              hydraulic supercharger!? any more info on it? Is it just the supercharger
                              they are coming out with, or they actually going to have a Neon kit?

                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 2 1:53 PM
                                Uhm... I don't have all the specifics with me. It's in the latest edition
                                of Sport Compact Car, which is at home and I'm at work. They aren't going
                                to have any 'kits' but one of the cool things about it is that you can place
                                it virtually anyplace in your engine bay. It has most of the pros of both
                                superchargers and turbochargers with very few of the cons of either. It is
                                however still parasitic like other superchargers.

                                Jason

                              • rokketgt@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 20 , May 12, 1999
                                  Did we ever decide where the next meeting will be held?

                                  see you there.
                                  Wayne

                                  eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/nwneon
                                • Jason
                                  Message 16 of 20 , May 12, 1999
                                    yup.. check out the events at www.nwneon.net

                                    > Did we ever decide where the next meeting will be held?
                                    >
                                    > see you there.
                                    > Wayne

                                    > @Backup - The #1 Online Backup Service
                                    > Automatic, Safe, Reliable Backup and Restores. FREE for
                                    > 30 Days. INSTALL Now and have a chance to win a Palm Pilot V!
                                    > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/218
                                    >
                                    > eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/nwneon
                                    > http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying group communications

                                    eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/nwneon
                                  • Christoher Mcnulty
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Nov 25, 1999
                                      I'm an Hour N of Seattle, I didn't know that you had a bad turn out last time. so I guess it was a bad suggestion.  It was a bummer I couldn't make it last meeting, I would have been fun.  Just let me know ahead of time so I can make arrangements. I have a friend and fellow neon driver who would come with me if I got at least 2 weeks advanced notice.  I was thinking, we have and indoor Kart track that is a blast. it would make a good gathering.  I work for Pacific Party Canopies and I can get event tents, tables , and chairs, even a sound system at no cost, just thought id mention that.

                                      CXhris
                                    • Michael Lee
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Nov 25, 1999
                                        Hey I'd be game to come along. :-)

                                        > Christoher Mcnulty wrote:
                                        >
                                        > I'm an Hour N of Seattle, I didn't know that you had a bad turn out
                                        > last time. so I guess it was a bad suggestion. It was a bummer I
                                        > couldn't make it last meeting, I would have been fun. Just let me
                                        > know ahead of time so I can make arrangements. I have a friend and
                                        > fellow neon driver who would come with me if I got at least 2 weeks
                                        > advanced notice. I was thinking, we have and indoor Kart track that
                                        > is a blast. it would make a good gathering. I work for Pacific Party
                                        > Canopies and I can get event tents, tables , and chairs, even a sound
                                        > system at no cost, just thought id mention that.
                                        >
                                        > CXhris
                                        > [Click Here!]
                                        > eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/nwneon

                                        Michael Lee
                                        (206)547-7118
                                        ICQ# 11305683
                                        ==== ====
                                        == ==
                                        ___________
                                        /*|-------|*\
                                        [ _________ ]
                                        [/ \]
                                        |\_________/|
                                        (\| |/)
                                        | | | |
                                        | |_______| |
                                        \|/ ACR \|/
                                        |\_________/|
                                        [`| |_| | ]
                                        [o|_______|o]
                                        \___________/
                                        ________________________________
                                        |If you cannot say what you mean:|
                                        |You can never mean what you say:|
                                        |________________________________/
                                      • Jason Farnsworth
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Nov 25, 1999
                                          The party toys sound cool :)

                                          > I'm an Hour N of Seattle, I didn't know that you had a bad turn out
                                          > last time. so I guess it was a bad suggestion. It was a bummer I
                                          > couldn't make it last meeting, I would have been fun. Just let me
                                          > know ahead of time so I can make arrangements. I have a friend and
                                          > fellow neon driver who would come with me if I got at least 2 weeks
                                          > advanced notice. I was thinking, we have and indoor Kart track that
                                          > is a blast. it would make a good gathering. I work for Pacific Party
                                          > Canopies and I can get event tents, tables , and chairs, even a sound
                                          > system at no cost, just thought id mention that.
                                        • Matt Laverty (Volt Computer)