can anyone do bodywork, or know how to do body work?

  • PoloSpboy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2001
      i smashed my 2k's rear passenger door against my old acura and i also have a
      door ding too!  i have so many key marks you could do a maze on my car, :-)
      anyone?
    • qewlwacko@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2001
        Hey Tony, welcome, I'm glad to see you got on our list...now maybe the masses
        will believe me when I say (though I wont own one) we have active 2nd gens.
        Anyways, about your dings...not quite sure, maybe you could snap a pic of
        them?  As for the scratches, key marks, those might buff out.  I had some
        really unpleasent scratches in my 99 when I backed along a burn barrel at
        about 3 months old.  I took it to a guy in Hazel Dell who does mobile paint
        repair.  He put some clear paint from a rattle can in a paper cup, then using
        a small fine paintbrush, filled in my scratches (a few on top the trunklid
        too as I sat my keys down there once because I'm stupid) let it dry, then
        used this really fine sanding paste and a circular buffer thing...which
        totally hazed my paint, but then he polished/waxed the haze and it came out
        good as new.  All in all, about an hour and a half's work.   He charges 50
        bucks an hour which includes estimate usually, and does excellent work.  I
        cant seem to find his old business card, but the company name was "M.A.R.S."
        or Man from MARS or somthing...and it was acronym...not that I can remember
        what it meant.  In Hazel, Dell, I met him at his house on his lunch
        break...could very easily drive right back to his place.

        TTYL

        Sport Coupe Erik

        Erik and his 2 Dodge Neons:
        Kermit, '95  Nitro Yellow Green Sport Coupe (1 of 527 made), running
        substituted SOHC motor while the DOHC is being replaced, purple Iceman CAI,
        Bosch Plat +4 plugs, MLS headgasket, Autometer gauge pod with VDO oil pres.
        and voltmeter gauges, 99 sport seats, custom bobble strut mount and Ben Buker
        installed alarm.  Just passed 115K miles.
        Trouble, '99  Intense Blue Sport Coupe, blue Iceman CAI, AFX UDP, 22mm
        swaybars both ends, PolyUrathane bushings, Mopar Performance Extra High Rate
        Springs, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, custom powdercoated suspension
        parts, Neon R/T parts: seats, leather covered steering wheel and shift knob,
        rear disk brakes conversion, 16:1 performance rack and pinion.  16" Enkie
        rims w/ Yoko AVS A520 performance street tires, Konis adjustable struts,
        Schroth Rally4 racing harness, reconstructed entire passenger side and tail
        end, and a custom exhaust, GQ half clears only until my export tails are
        installed, Prothane FMM insert, custom bobble bracket.  And soon to be
        installed:  Hahn Stage 2/3 Intercooled Turbo, Quaife Limited Slip
        differential, Moroso Oil Pan, "unbreakable" stage 2 axles, Indiglo gauge
        cluster with custom mystic overlay, bumper to bumper mystic R/T style
        stripes, Intense Blue repaint, 31,231K miles at wreck, now around 31,300.
        Primer adds character, I think of it as a war wound.

        thanks for reading.

      • Chris McNulty
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
          On Sun, 1 Apr 2001 14:32:58 EDT, nwneon@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > i smashed my 2k's rear passenger door against my old acura and i also
          have a
          > door ding too! i have so many key marks you could do a maze on my car,
          :-)
          > anyone?

          Where do ya live, I can take a lok at it. I could save ya lots of money.

          CXhris in Mt.Vernon

          Send a cool gift with your E-Card
          http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/
        • PoloSpboy@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2001
            I live in Portland, Oregon, about 5 minutes from the I-5 bridge, i sure hope
            you could help me! :-)