Re: [nwneon] installing a new head

  • qewlwacko@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      when I removed my SOHC head to do a MLS swap...when refilling, ideally (I put
      MLS upside down..dont ask,long story, nasty nitemare..but anyways...) you can
      leave the thermostat out, fill radiator, and block, start car, let warm
      up...when coolant starts to swell out the spout (dont put cap on yet), you
      can shut the car off, put the thermostat in, top off, and restart car, make
      sure it warms up to normal range, and all is hunky doory.  :)

      thats what I did anyways...that was 5000 miles ago...isnt it funny how I rack
      up miles?

      Sport Coupe Erik

      Erik and his 2 Dodge Neons:
      Kermit, '95  Nitro Yellow Green Sport Coupe (1 of 527 made), running
      substituted SOHC motor while the DOHC is being replaced, purple Iceman CAI,
      Bosch Plat +4 plugs, MLS headgasket, Autometer gauge pod with VDO oil pres.
      and voltmeter gauges, 99 sport seats, custom bobble strut mount and Ben Buker
      installed alarm.  Just passed 111K miles.
      Trouble, '99  Intense Blue Sport Coupe, blue Iceman CAI, AFX UDP, 22mm
      swaybars both ends, PolyUrathane bushings, Mopar Performance High Rate
      Springs, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, custom powdercoated suspension
      parts, Neon R/T parts: seats, leather covered steering wheel and shift knob,
      rear disk brakes conversion, 16:1 performance rack and pinion.  16" Enkie
      rims w/ Yoko AVS A520 performance street tires, Konis adjustable struts,
      Schroth Rally4 racing harness, reconstructed entire passenger side and tail
      end, and a custom exhaust.  And soon to be installed:  Hahn Stage 2
      Intercooled Turbo, Indiglo gauge cluster with custom mystic overlay, bumper
      to bumper mystic R/T style stripes, Dan Boucher filled FMM, custom bobble
      strut mount and for those of you who are still reading~~much much more but I
      think I bored you by now.  31K miles temporarily on hold due to wreck.