Meeting Place for caravan from the south to Mt. Saint Helens campground.

  • MoparCzy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2009
      Okay, as promised here is the information for those who are meeting next Saturday September 12th for the Mount Saint Helens run camping portion:

      Meet at the Petco in Vancouver just off I-205 at 1:30-2:00, departing from Petco at 2:00 pm then driving up to Seaquest State Park.

      Directions to Petco: From the south - I-205 into Vancouver, take exit 30-B, stay in the lane marked B, A takes you to Gher/112th and C takes you to the west bound side. At the first traffic light, turn left. Petco is on your lieft, turn into the parking lot and look for the Magenta Neon.

      If you are local to Vancouver and coming from the north - I-5 to I-205 south to exit 30, head east on Fourth Plain Rd, Petco will be on the right about 1.2 miles from I-205. Again look for the Magenta Neon.

      If you are coming from north of Mt Saint Helens, then just head to Seaquest State Park and try to arrive around 3:00 pm. Snag a campsite if you don't see anyone you recognize. We are trying to arrive at around 3:00 from the south and one of us will be driving the above mentioned Magenta Neon.

      If you are planning on attending, the plan is still a two day run, camping Saturday September 12th and then a run up the mountain Sunday September 13th.

      For those coming from the south who want to go camping, at this point there are no reservations made. The plan is to caravan together up to the campground. For anyone who does not want to meet and run together, the current plan is to camp at Seaquest State Park. The park is located about 5.5 miles from I-5 on Hwy WA-504. This is the main highway up to the Johnston Ridge observatory.

      For anyone not wanting to camp but go on the run, we would meet at the visitors center right across the highway from Seaquest State park at 10:30 am Sunday. To get there, just take exit 49 off I- and head east up WA hwy 504. About 5.5 miles from the freeway you will come to the first visitor center for Mt. Saint Helens, it will be on you r right. For those of you who don't remember, or have never seen my car you are going to be looking for a Magenta 1st gen Neon.

      I am hopeful that we can get enough sites for the people who plan on camping. At this point that list includes: Gonzo & Holly, Marsha & I, Erik, Adam, and possibly Doug.

      Thank you for your response.

      Steve Stephens-Estacada OR; Dream Of The Archer-1972 Plymouth Road Runner; Silver Wheels-1983 Honda CB1000C Custom; Hijinx-1997 Dodge Neon