Mount Saint Helens run Update

  • MoparCzy
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2009
      Trying to finalize the trip. As I posted previously (see below), there was not enough response to reserve a group campsite. At this point I am open to suggestions about campgrounds. I have not made any reservations at this time. When I checked, Seaquest on Hwy 504 does take reservations, but all of the sites I looked at only have room for one tent and two cars. If we went with that, then we would have to get 3 campsites and that would about eat the rest of the remaining club fund.

      Another option is to get a campground up near Randle and do the Windy Ridge side of the run.

      A final option would be to switch back to a one day run, set up a meeting place and time and then just go drive around the mountain.

      Please respond as to which you would prefer so I can try to finalize the plans. If you want to do a one day run, then It would be Saturday and start fairly early so we can have the entire day to do it.

      "The 2009 Annual Maurine Van Dyke Memorial will be held Saturday September 12th and possibly Sunday September 13th.

      At this point I have a confirmation for 7 people whom want to do camping. If we do not have at least 10 then I can not reserve the campground and would have to look at possibly selecting individual sites which will cost more.

      So if you are interested in attending and have not already done so, then please respond with confirmation that you want to camp and how many people.

      Thank you."

      Steve Stephens-Estacada OR; Dream Of The Archer-1972 Plymouth Road Runner; Silver Wheels-1983 Honda CB1000C Custom; Hijinx-1997 Dodge Neon: now over 202,000 miles.

    • brian mogridge
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 24, 2009
        Hi everyone!

        Thinking about cleaning out the engine, I have used mopar combustion cleaner before with good luck.  I no longer have a dealer near me, can any of you reccomend an alternate brand?

        Thanks Brian

      • Wayne W
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 24, 2009
          Sea Foam. I have used it many times with great results. Should be able
          to find it at any parts store.

          WW

          brian mogridge wrote:

          > Hi everyone!
          >
          > Thinking about cleaning out the engine, I have used mopar combustion
          > cleaner before with good luck. I no longer have a dealer near me, can
          > any of you reccomend an alternate brand?
          >
          > Thanks Brian

        • rob wood
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 24, 2009
            BG products work well specially the three pack 44k injection cleaner and intake cleaner...  my 2 cents from my chrysler dealership days...

            rob in tacoma

            ________________________________
            Thinking about cleaning out the engine, I have used mopar combustion cleaner before with good luck.  I no longer have a dealer near me, can any of you reccomend an alternate brand?

            Thanks Brian

            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com

          • Mark Darby
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 24, 2009
              BG part #211 is the trick.
              It can be found at many dealerships and repair shops only.

              Mark
              BG Rep

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 25, 2009
                And it is multi-purpose, you can use it to clean your fuel system/injectors, and to break up sludge in the engine. On the last one, you put it in the oil and run it for around 50 miles. Then drain and change the oil. I use it on my bike and just did the oil treatment on my wife's car.

                brian mogridge wrote:

                > Hi everyone!
                >
                > Thinking about cleaning out the engine, I have used mopar combustion
                > cleaner before with good luck. I no longer have a dealer near me, can
                > any of you reccomend an alternate brand?
                >
                > Thanks Brian

              • Wayne W
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 25, 2009
                  Not only that, but it will be cheaper than any of the BG stuff. The BG
                  is every bit as good or maybe even better than Sea Foam from what I have
                  heard. I have never used BG, but have lots of experience with the Sea
                  Foam. I have used it in my Bike also. On top of all the other stuff
                  mentioned, it is also a fuel stabilizer. It's just all around good stuff.

                  WW

                  MoparCzy wrote:

                  > And it is multi-purpose, you can use it to clean your fuel
                  > system/injectors, and to break up sludge in the engine. On the last
                  > one, you put it in the oil and run it for around 50 miles. Then drain
                  > and change the oil. I use it on my bike and just did the oil treatment
                  > on my wife's car.
                  >
                  > Steve Stephens-Estacada OR; Dream Of The Archer-1972 Plymouth Road
                  > Runner; Silver Wheels-1983 Honda CB1000C Custom; Hijinx-1997 Dodge Neon

                • Jaymzx
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 25, 2009
                    I will also stand behind SeaFoam, but if you put it into your combustion
                    chambers (PCV line or equivalent) be prepared for the smoke show. It's
                    pretty amusing. Neighbors tends to disagree, however.

                    -James

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 25, 2009
                      Yup, it smokes as bad as the Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner does!!!
                      The longer it sits, the worse it smokes. I have no mosquitos in my
                      neighborhood for days when I use either of them.

                      WW