Anther neon down

  • Anna
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 11, 2009
      Hey all, i know it has been awhile. Anyway, my neon was recently stolen
      and taken for a ride to get stripped. I am searching for a car with a
      blown engine that i can slide my engine into. It can be a 1st or 2nd
      gen for the engine i have is a 2nd gen. If anyone knows of any please
      contact me.
      Thanks
      Anna
    • MoparCzy
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 11, 2009
        Sorry to hear about that Anna, hope something turns up.

        Steve Stephens - Estacada, OR - Current vehicles: 1972 Plymouth Road Runner "Dream Of The Archer", 1983 Honda CB1000C Custom motorcycle "Silver Wheels", & 1997 Magenta Dodge Neon "Hijinx". 2 door base coupe, SOHC, MTX, Purchased September 1, 2002 with 68,000 miles, now over 195,000. Mods: Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Energy Suspension Bushing kit, KYB struts, American Racing 5 spoke mags, Federal SS535 tires (treadwear 260), EVD short shift, cruise control, 95 Sport Coupe front and rear seats.

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 11, 2009
          WOW....That sucks!!!! How did it happen? Missed you!!!

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 11, 2009
            I know of a purple 4 door has weird wire problem when its wet out it
            stalls but you changing all wires with newer engine this is first gen 4
            door dark purple not great shape but note total junk runs when dry atm
            expired tags they looking to get 250 or they going to donate for tax write
            off

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 12, 2009
              Hi,
              I am sorry to hear about your car, I had a Honda stolen and I went through a suprising number of emotions from blaming myself to of course anger! My very first thought was where in the world did I leave my car?
              I know of a complete Neon near Maple Valley. They were going to e-mail the group and offer it for parts. The car is a basic 1st gen, think it was a four door. I am sure you could get it cheap!

              Brian

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 12, 2009
                Thanks guys, no offense Steve but i personally do not think i could drive a Magenda or Lapise (? sp) Blue car. I do not even have those colors in my wardrobe. LOL Brian do you think you can get ahold of the people in Maple Valley? If so can you give them my email address, t2_dodge_shelby@.... I would appreciate it so much.
                As for how it could happen, i made the mistake thinking i was a decent neighborhood if there is such a thing. It was found in a pasture so i am sure it was dumped by where they live cause it is in a secluded area of cows on the other side of town. They did the screwdriver in the column trick so sure it was a unexperienced individual for a joy ride.

                Thanks again for the responses.

                Anna

              • MoparCzy
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 12, 2009
                  True, I still drive the Magenta Neon. I was just expressing my sorrow that someone went scummy on you and now you have to put together a car. Hopefully what Brian offered is suitable.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 12, 2009
                    This neon isn't magenta it is purple dark purple looks black with a little
                    dirt on it J

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 12, 2009
                      OK :)I might be interested in it. Is it in Portland or Vancouver?

                      I hope you did not take offense Steve. I ment nothing of it. The colors
                      have not grown on me is all. I do thank you for the sorrow and
                      thoughts. I thank everyone.

                      Anna
                    • Gonzo
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 12, 2009
                        It is in Gladstone I can take a pic and send it tomorrow.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 12, 2009
                          Also got a nyg for sale.. But need in the 900 range for that.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 12, 2009
                            Not offended, I know that certain colors require a certain mind set. If I could have bought a car in the late 60's/early 70's, it would have been one of the high impact colors offered by Ma Mopar then. Limelight, Sassy Grass, In-Violet, or Vitamin C. However, my color for the Road Runner is going to be some sort of blues.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 13, 2009
                              so sorry to hear about your bad luck, rob told me about this when it happened, I'm the owner of the rest of the 2gn you got your engine from. :) it has been a mighty long while since I've posted on NWNeon.... I wish you the best of luck in finding a car.

                              -Mike
                              1996 DOHC MTX Sport Coupe
                              2000 MTX-swapped ES
                              2000 ES parts car
                              2000 Blazer 4x4 FOR SALE!!
                            • Anna Rose
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 13, 2009
                                Well Mike the good part is the engine is still great :D They didnt touch that!!! LOL

                              • Mike H.
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 13, 2009
                                  that's what Rob was telling me. glad it wasn't worse. let me know if ya need anything, i got a few boxes of parts with my coupe, so i may have something that can help

                                  To: nwneon@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: t2_dodge_shelby@...
                                  Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:06:55 -0800

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 13, 2009
                                    I will, thank you. I just hope Paul's is not as bad as mine....Kinda
                                    funny there was a female involved in mine too.. hmmmm

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 13, 2009
                                      there's a couple cheap neons on the yakima and spokane craigslists. There's a white atx sedan in yakima for $400, would be easy enough to swap it with your car