Re:scca autocross july 1 at PIR

  • MoparCzy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2007
      Well Gonzo, I hope you had a fun day. We were busy attending a car show
      here in Estacada so were not able to make it in addition to not having the
      funds or helmet to play with.

      Steve Stephens - Estacada, OR - Current vehicles: 1972 Plymouth Road Runner
      & 1997 Magenta Dodge Neon - Answers to "Hijinx"
      2 door base coupe, SOHC, MTX, Purchased September 1, 2002 with 68,000 miles.
      Mods: Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Energy Suspension Bushing kit,
      KYB struts, American Racing 5 spoke mags, Federal SS535 tires (treadwear
      260), EVD short shift, cruise control, 95 Sport Coupe front and rear seats.
    • Matthew Laverty
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
        Sorry man, I slept through it. Heh. When's the next one?

        sirgonz wrote:
        > Not shure if anyone is interested but there is a scca autocross this
        > sunday at PIR south paddock I will be attending this event and
        > arriving right around 7:15 am
        >
        > MORNING RUN GROUP: Street Modified, Street Prepared, Prepared,
        > Modified
        > 7:00 am Course set up and open to walking
        > Registration 7:30 - 8:15 am Open Registration
        > 8:30 am Drivers' Meeting, course closed to walking
        > 9:00 am Morning Run Group competition begins!
        > AFTERNOON RUN GROUP: Stock, PAX, Ladies PAX, Street Tire, Street
        > Touring
        > Registration 11:30 am - 12:45 pm Open Registration
        > 1:00 pm * Drivers' Meeting, course closed to walking
        > 1:30 pm Afternoon Run Group competition begins!
        > * Afternoon course walk and Drivers' Meeting schedule dependent upon
        > the completion of the Morning Run Group competition. Announcements
        > will be made accordingly. Registration and Tech schedule WILL NOT
        > CHANGE.
        > REGISTRATION CLOSES PROMPTLY AT PUBLISHED TIMES! ALLOW FOR TRACK
        > CROSSINGS!!!
        > Remove all loose items from vehicle and attach numbers to both sides.
        > Immediately after Registration, take vehicle to tech/safety
        > inspection area and have completed run card and helmet available for
        > inspection. Tech will close fifteen minutes after Registration.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • sirgonz
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
          had a blast ran times at least 1 second faster then the other 4 srt's
          that were there... my best was a 29.7 I was turning times that felt
          good and werent so far out of what others were putting out.
        • Steve Wynne
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
            One of these days I'll get to an autocross where you're at (or vice-versa)
            and we'll see how well you're really doing, haha ;)

            In the results, Dominic Stone ran a 29.7xx for his 3rd run and the other
            SRT-4s were in the 30s or higher. You must have gotten that time in a later
            run, huh?

            Steve W.

            #66 DS

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8, 2007
              scca only keeps first thre runs I pulled a 29.774 i belive durning
              there "fun runs" the thing is I dont have any suspension mods or
              even sticky tires so I am happy with being able to even run next to
              let alone neck and neck with the other srt's some were stock but
              some had spring or swaybars.... bottom line was I had tons of fun
              and any track time is good onlyt getting better:)

              gonzo

              > In the results, Dominic Stone ran a 29.7xx for his 3rd run and the
              other
              > SRT-4s were in the 30s or higher. You must have gotten that time in
              a later
              > run, huh?
              >

              > Steve W.
              >
              > #66 DS

              Behalf Of

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 8, 2007
                That's pretty good then to run like that on street tires. If you can ever
                get across the mountains this way, ACCO has some cool events with the next
                one being up on Hoodoo the weekend of the 21st. I believe that's also the
                same time as some Packwood events, too and if you can go up that way it
                would be better. If not, join us at Hoodoo!

                ACCO's website: http://www.autoxclub.org <http://www.autoxclub.org/>

                The crazy mofos from the NW on SRTForums are putting on another HPDE at PIR
                in August and below's a link to a thread on that topic. I attended the one
                we did back in March and it was mucho great! I won't be making this one but
                I highly recommend running with these guys if you can!! It is on the full
                road course so be careful to keep the shiney side up ;)

                http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364016

                Steve W.