Can someone help me??

  • Eric McReynolds
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2007
      this is exactly what i want to do to my car with everything except the
      front end, i want to just go with a lip kit. Can anyone help me? maybe
      someone who knows someone who can do these kinds of conversions. I
      really want to mod my 98'.
      I'm looking to :

      paint it electric blue
      lowerit
      gold wheels/black w/ chrome
      2.4 turbo swap
      5 speed swap
      engine mods
      gauges inserts like on that car
      i want black leather racing seats and maybe a new steering wheel:?

      anyone want to help start this project with me?
      the only down side is this car is my daily driver so I can't put it
      out for more then week cuz i need it. let me know if anyone wants to
      help me! I dont Have any parts yet because I dont know where to look.
      Let me know know!!
    • Paul M Edwards
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2007
        You'll be much better off buying another car to work on while you retain
        this one as your daily driver.

        There's a yellow coupe a couple blocks from my house for sale for $800 that
        needs a new engine.
        Since you'll be putting in a 2.4L Turbo'd engine, it would be an excellent
        project car.
        http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/285883274.html

        I think that you would do well to help work on it so that you learn more
        about the process and the car at the same time. Do you have garage space to
        work on it?
        --
        Paul

        --
        Paul M Edwards

      • Paul M Edwards
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2007
          Also, what car were you referring to in your message that has gauge inserts?
          If you attached an image to your email, it didn't come through... It's
          generally poor etiquette to attach images to mailing list messages anyway
          since they go to many people; it is preferred to include a link to an image
          on a website.

          It's also typically a good idea to have a more descriptive subject than "Can
          someone help me??" such as "Anybody available to help me with my project
          car??".

          Another item that you didn't include in your message is how / if persons
          assisting you will be compensated for their time, expertise and efforts.
          Compensation can range from beer, to brats and/or bucks. Most people on this
          list are generous and don't demand financial compensation, but you shouldn't
          presume upon their good favor.
          --
          Paul

          --
          Paul M Edwards

        • Adam Best
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2007
            Good call Paul. I was thinking along the same line. In fact, you might be able to simply find what you are looking for without breaking your wallet.

            Anyway, it's not a weekend job and a mere $250 we're looking at. More like a good solid month and close to $2500. It all depends, good luck.

            Paul M Edwards <pauledwards@...> wrote: You'll be much better off buying another car to work on while you retain

            --
            Paul M Edwards

            ------------------------------------------------------------------------Adam B.
            "If lovin' the Lord is wrong, hehe, I don't wanna be right!"- Disciple

            check out this HILARIOUSLY CLEAN website: www.homestarrunner.com

            Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

          • Paul M Edwards
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
              Yeah, actually, that's a great point you make, Adam...

              Rob Wood has his infamous red 95 coupe for sale... He's asking $2500 and
              many of us here know it has at least that in upgraded parts on the car. I
              know for a fact he also has a turbo available (which he is planning to
              install) and would probably throw it in for another $500, give or take.

              Eric, you should come look at it this weekend... It's going to be in my
              garage or at Rob's apartment, which is near by. You've got my mobile #, so
              text me if you want to come look at it.
              --
              Paul

              On 3/1/07, Adam Best <excaliberneon@...> wrote:

              > Good call Paul. I was thinking along the same line. In fact, you might
              > be able to simply find what you are looking for without breaking your
              > wallet.
              >
              > Anyway, it's not a weekend job and a mere $250 we're looking at. More like
              > a good solid month and close to $2500. It all depends, good luck.
              >
              > Paul M Edwards <pauledwards@... <pauledwards%40gmail.com>> wrote:
              > You'll be much better off buying another car to work on while you retain
              > this one as your daily driver.
              >
              > There's a yellow coupe a couple blocks from my house for sale for $800
              > that
              > needs a new engine.
              > Since you'll be putting in a 2.4L Turbo'd engine, it would be an excellent
              > project car.
              > http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/285883274.html
              >
              > I think that you would do well to help work on it so that you learn more
              > about the process and the car at the same time. Do you have garage space
              > work on it?
              > --
              > Paul
              >
              > On 3/1/07, Eric McReynolds <lilsk8er4lief@...<lilsk8er4lief%40yahoo.com>>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > this is exactly what i want to do to my car with everything except the
              > > front end, i want to just go with a lip kit. Can anyone help me? maybe
              > > someone who knows someone who can do these kinds of conversions. I
              > > really want to mod my 98'.
              > > I'm looking to :
              > >
              > > paint it electric blue
              > > lowerit
              > > gold wheels/black w/ chrome
              > > 2.4 turbo swap
              > > 5 speed swap
              > > engine mods
              > > gauges inserts like on that car
              > > i want black leather racing seats and maybe a new steering wheel:?
              > >
              > > anyone want to help start this project with me?
              > > the only down side is this car is my daily driver so I can't put it
              > > out for more then week cuz i need it. let me know if anyone wants to
              > > help me! I dont Have any parts yet because I dont know where to look.
              > > Let me know know!!

            • WW
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
                It didn't come through because this list is set to strip attachments.
                No virii get through that way.

                WW

                Paul M Edwards wrote:

                > *snip*
                > If you attached an image to your email, it didn't come through. *snip*
              • Paul M Edwards
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
                  I figured as much, but he obviously didn't know.
                  --
                  Paul

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
                    He has a 95 red coupe huh? Well do you have pictures of it? What mods
                    do you know? I work 1-10, and 1-9 on sat and sun so it will be hard
                    for me to come look at it. But I maybe interested let me know