31 Evap purge flow monitor failure or evap solenoid circuit

  • Lance Kirkman
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
      31 Evap purge flow monitor failure or evap solenoid circuit

      I can't remember if I've had this message before. What are the
      solutions for this error? Thank you all for your help.
      Lance
    • Erik
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
        Check the Evap Purge Flow Monitor. ;)

        seriously, pop the hood, on top the passenger side motor mount bracket is a small peg holding a little black round thingy. It has a little power plug on it, and it has 2 vacuum lines, one runs to the left (towards the battery area) and plugs into the throttle body. The other goes towards the front of the car a few inches, then goes through a hole in the inner wheel well and into the charcoal canister. If it didnt vibrate one of those vacuum lines off, then maybe it shook one off the canister itself...a little harder to plug back in, but still not too hard.

        Best of luck.

        Erik

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
          if something is unhooked, the car will still run fine, and shouldnt explode or anything fun like that, it just wont get that hot of mileage if one of those vacuum lines is indeed unhooked and venting fuel vapors to atmosphere.

          Erik