Re: [nwneon] MT. St. Helens run....

  • Steve Stephens
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
      Nope Adam, longer version would be: Marsha & I have a large dutch oven so we
      can also provide at least one cobbler for the get together. I will work out
      the details more with Erik later. :)

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2006
        Sorry...immaturity at it's best over here...I can't help but to laugh when I hear anything in reference to the "Dutch Oven".

        Steve Stephens <moparczy@...> wrote: Nope Adam, longer version would be: Marsha & I have a large dutch oven so we
        can also provide at least one cobbler for the get together. I will work out
        the details more with Erik later. :)

        > Dad will be out of town that weekend, so it'll be up to me to do the
        > cobbler'ing. No can do on Friday night though.
        >
        > Erik

      • Erik
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 17, 2006
          Doh, was just updating my calandar with all the latest info, and noticed the weekend of the 9th and 10th was an autoX weekend. 9th is a practice event up in Packwood, and the 10th is the points event. Both events up in Packwood between Mt. Rainier and Mt. St.Helens. I doubt I'll be able to make the weekend, maybe after the practice event I could come back down and camp out, but I'll have to be back up in Packwood Sunday.

          Erik

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 17, 2006
            Well Erik, the benefit of where we will be camping is that you will be
            much, much closer to Packwood then if you went all the way home. Maybe
            we just figured out our Sunday event, we can go to Packwood and cheer on
            our local autocrossers.

            Wayne

            Erik wrote:
            > Doh, was just updating my calandar with all the latest info, and noticed the weekend of the 9th and 10th was an autoX weekend. 9th is a practice event up in Packwood, and the 10th is the points event. Both events up in Packwood between Mt. Rainier and Mt. St.Helens. I doubt I'll be able to make the weekend, maybe after the practice event I could come back down and camp out, but I'll have to be back up in Packwood Sunday.
            >
            > Erik

          • Erik
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 18, 2006
              Wayne,

              Matt and I bumped into each other while I was out and about on lunch tonight at work. He reminded me that the main drive up the mountain was Saturday, so at most I'll miss a non points event (practice), so if I can fit 4 race tires, a jack, some other spare bits and pieces, the dutch ovens and food, tent, sleeping bag, I'm set. ;) So I think I'll do the Saturday drive, then camp, then hit the autoX up on Sunday morning as I run AM session. If its half as fun of a track as last time, I'd probably be game to pay again and run Time Only in the afternoon.

              Erik

              ps, how close to Packwood are we going to be? I dont really want to get up uber early to drive to a race. Let alone packing everything up, just to go unload it again. Maybe we should make this a "bring your other car" event, the wagon has more room. Besides dont the W's have a non neon now? Holly and her Civic, Adam and Mindy can bring the BelAir, Marsha the Dart...ooh, this could be fun.

              Erik wrote:
              > Doh, was just updating my calandar with all the latest info, and noticed the weekend of the 9th and 10th was an autoX weekend. 9th is a practice event up in Packwood, and the 10th is the points event. Both events up in Packwood between Mt. Rainier and Mt. St.Helens. I doubt I'll be able to make the weekend, maybe after the practice event I could come back down and camp out, but I'll have to be back up in Packwood Sunday.
              >
              > Erik

            • Steve Stephens
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 18, 2006
                If you mean Packwood, WA up on Hwy 12, it looks like around 68.5 miles one
                way from Napavine, which appears to be the nearest town to the campsite.
                This from Google Maps. So if it is that place, then you shouldn't have to
                get up too early.

                Marsha got a kick out of the "PS" in your email and is indeed planning on
                bringing the Dart. Should have the drag link in next week and get it
                aligned then it is all ready for long trips.

                WW - any idea as to how many of us are planning on making it Friday? We
                will be there, but it will be evening as I will be working until 5:00 that
                day.

              • WW
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 22, 2006
                  Nope, no Idea.... time for a headcount.