I have a question regarding Tuner Shops.

  • Shawn Crull
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2005
      Hey all, I'm in the process of working with a couple of investors and some
      local shops to put together a Performance Shop, and I'm wondering if I could
      ask some questions of the group in regards to their experiences with shops,
      body, tuning or otherwise. We're trying to get a feel for what is lacking in
      this industry... This applies to primarily the "sport car tuning" side of
      things, so I'm not looking for when you had your tranny done by aatco, or
      things like that. We are planning on Offering Body Work, Paint, and Body Kit
      installs, Mechanical services from tune-ups to full
      turbo/supercharger/Nitrous setups and all the in-between. Accessories, Tint,
      Wheels, Detailing, etc.

      So with that in mind...

      1. If you've had some work done by a shop, what was your experience compared
      to your initial impression of the shop. i.e. did they live up to
      expectations? Why or why not?
      a. Price
      b. Availability/Knowledge of aftermarket stuff for your vehicle.
      c. Attitude toward making your car what YOU want it to be...
      d. Timeliness.
      e. Quality of Work after you've driven the car for a bit.

      2. If I asked you right now which shop would you take your car to for
      "spicing up" why would you choose that one? (I don't so much care who it is
      as much as WHY it is)

      3. What would YOU really like to see in a performance shop if you could
      design it just for you and money was no object?

      4. What do you see at current shops now that you feel is totally useless and
      don't understand why they do that...

      And generally any other info you can put down in words. We're very close to
      having this be a reality, and want to make it work.

      Thanks for any and all input! Also, feel free to pass this on to other
      groups, just make sure you reply to my address below...

      Shawn Crull
      02 Yellow SXT
      75fj55@...
    • Adam Best
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2005
        Haha..congrats! Glad to hear you finally got one! Hey Gonzo...did you try calling me yesterday? I looked at my phone and it you called, but I hadn't heard from you in so long I thought it was one of those "oops" called the first person on my phone list (Adam) things. But in recent light of current events, sounds like it was for real! I was at dinner last night with some family. Anyway, congrats again! You've gotta see my custom flames on my front end!

        sirgonz <sirgonz@...> wrote:Hey this is john and holly gonzalez.... just got home from picking up
        my srt-4 got the light silver with the sunroof and extra stereo.

        OMG this thing is so much fun to drive.......

        its like godzilla neon

        hope every one in the grp is good and everything is going well...
        Looking forward to the next meet.

        now I just need to find a way to make it look different then all the
        others

      • sirgonz
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2005
          yeah I was calling everyone I knew... 2 years ago when i got the 03 I
          didnt have a chance in hell of getting what I wanted and barely the
          sxt.... took a lot of hard work and skimping and saving and fixxing
          credit to get there but its now locked up in my garage...

          ill try and post a pic in the photo section

          \if not ill email ya one

          gonzo
          silver 05 srt