European Autocross was Re: I'm back!!! Update with my crunched Neon

  • Jason Spore
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      http://www.negative-shock.net/index.php?ns=view_vid&id=208

      I love that video. That is actually called Gymkhana (sp) in some
      places, and we are now doing those up here in the Seattle area. Our
      local car club (Torque Steerers) have put one on, and we are working
      on possibly doing another one this year. The drifty drift crowd is
      really growing around here.

      Brett Spore (maybe my Neon will live this year?)

      --- In nwneon@yahoogroups.com, "Trogdor" <excaliberneon@y...> wrote:

      > Okay, well the Ins. Adjuster finally made it out and they were
      BARELY
      > able to save the car from being totalled. Cool thing now is that I
      > get Diamond Clear Headlights, a new Kaminari hood (old one will be
      > fixed and more than likely be for sale), and a fatty flame job put
      on
      > it. He has to paint the whole front clip anyway, so he was
      > like, "now is the time to think about flames, etc." I don't think
      > he's going to charge me either being that I just married his
      > daughter. So, it may be a week or so, but I'll have Excaliber back
      > in action and lookin' better than ever before!
      >
      > Erik, is that weld up job still available for the exhaust? I
      promise
      > I won't wreck my car on the way to your place again! haha.
      >
      > Also, here is a cool link for anyone interested in AutoCross
      > (European style!)
      >
      > http://www.negative-shock.net/index.php?ns=view_vid&id=208
      > Adam ><>
    • Adam Best
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2005
        Wow! I got my neon back, and may I say again...WOW! Flames on Neon = better than I first thought it would be. Not overpowering and the color changing looks righteous!

        Anyway, for you "fiberglass workin' freaks" (Jason Kretlow), I've got a damaged 2nd gen Kaminari hood for sale...REAL CHEAP! A couple corners to redu, and re-glue the two molds together, and of course fresh paint. I don't know if anyone wants it, I just couldn't throw it away. If anything, it goes on the wall.

        Jason Spore <jasonspore@...> wrote:

        http://www.negative-shock.net/index.php?ns=view_vid&id=208

        I love that video. That is actually called Gymkhana (sp) in some
        places, and we are now doing those up here in the Seattle area. Our
        local car club (Torque Steerers) have put one on, and we are working
        on possibly doing another one this year. The drifty drift crowd is
        really growing around here.

        Brett Spore (maybe my Neon will live this year?)

        --- In nwneon@yahoogroups.com, "Trogdor" <excaliberneon@y...> wrote:

        > Okay, well the Ins. Adjuster finally made it out and they were
        BARELY
        > able to save the car from being totalled. Cool thing now is that I
        > get Diamond Clear Headlights, a new Kaminari hood (old one will be
        > fixed and more than likely be for sale), and a fatty flame job put
        on
        > it. He has to paint the whole front clip anyway, so he was
        > like, "now is the time to think about flames, etc." I don't think
        > he's going to charge me either being that I just married his
        > daughter. So, it may be a week or so, but I'll have Excaliber back
        > in action and lookin' better than ever before!
        >
        > Erik, is that weld up job still available for the exhaust? I
        promise
        > I won't wreck my car on the way to your place again! haha.
        >
        > Also, here is a cool link for anyone interested in AutoCross
        > (European style!)
        >
        > http://www.negative-shock.net/index.php?ns=view_vid&id=208
        > Adam ><>

      • Jason Spore
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2005
          Got any pictures?

          Brett Spore (Only God knows when we'll be down for another event.)

          --- In nwneon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Best <excaliberneon@y...> wrote:
          > Wow! I got my neon back, and may I say again...WOW! Flames on
          Neon = better than I first thought it would be. Not overpowering and
          the color changing looks righteous!

          > Anyway, for you "fiberglass workin' freaks" (Jason Kretlow), I've
          got a damaged 2nd gen Kaminari hood for sale...REAL CHEAP! A couple
          corners to redu, and re-glue the two molds together, and of course
          fresh paint. I don't know if anyone wants it, I just couldn't throw
          it away. If anything, it goes on the wall.

          > Jason Spore <jasonspore@h...> wrote:
          >
          > http://www.negative-shock.net/index.php?ns=view_vid&id=208
          >
          > I love that video. That is actually called Gymkhana (sp) in some
          > places, and we are now doing those up here in the Seattle area.
          Our
          > local car club (Torque Steerers) have put one on, and we are
          working
          > on possibly doing another one this year. The drifty drift crowd is
          > really growing around here.
          >
          > Brett Spore (maybe my Neon will live this year?)
          >

          > --- In nwneon@yahoogroups.com, "Trogdor" <excaliberneon@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Okay, well the Ins. Adjuster finally made it out and they were
          > BARELY
          > > able to save the car from being totalled. Cool thing now is that
          > > get Diamond Clear Headlights, a new Kaminari hood (old one will
          be
          > > fixed and more than likely be for sale), and a fatty flame job
          put
          > on
          > > it. He has to paint the whole front clip anyway, so he was
          > > like, "now is the time to think about flames, etc." I don't
          think
          > > he's going to charge me either being that I just married his
          > > daughter. So, it may be a week or so, but I'll have Excaliber
          back
          > > in action and lookin' better than ever before!
          > >
          > > Erik, is that weld up job still available for the exhaust? I
          > promise
          > > I won't wreck my car on the way to your place again! haha.
          > >
          > > Also, here is a cool link for anyone interested in AutoCross
          > > (European style!)
          > >
          > > http://www.negative-shock.net/index.php?ns=view_vid&id=208
          > > Adam ><>

          Service.

          ----Adam B.
          > "If lovin' the Lord is wrong, hehe, I don't wanna be right!"-
          Disciple