RE: [nwneon] What's wrong with my Neon?????

  • Mark Babauta
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      Right on....it cost me $90 to have the dealer tell me
      that my #3 plug wasn't firing and that the #1 plug was
      just plain shot. They wanted $232 total for the
      diagnostic, oil change, and tune. I said don't do
      anything to it and I'll pick it up and change the
      plugs myself and get it tuned up at a shop near my
      house for much cheaper.
      All in all Lithia was really good to me. The only bad
      thing I can think of is that they don't have service
      loaners. Btw, I was in Seattle the last week and
      Pierre Dodge has a Solar Yellow SRT4. I stopped and
      checked it out....whew...BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for the
      help everyone my car is running nicely again and now I
      can go back to painting my interior. It's turned out
      good for my first time. Hopefully I'll be done with
      the dash by the end of the weekend.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Mark Cheez
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        You could do the tune up all your self. All the dealer would do to tune it
        up is run some conbustion chamber cleaner through it and change the plugs
        and wires. Then charge the crap out of you. I know I used to work for a
        dealer.