[nwneon] Got A-head

  • eddy.fx
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2000
      Ok here's the story line so far , located a spare
      Neon R/T twin cam for 250.00 dlrs with only 700
      miles on it (apparently it seems in Chicago they can
      race but they can't stop)Btw at this place they had
      several twin cam mopars , they one with most miles
      being 24.000.
      Next , Ordered Iceman intake, ( should be here
      Friday along with a Pacesetter Header from Howell).
      Then my friend Eric , who will be locked up shortly,
      offered me his Nitrous kit , complete with purge kit
      , Guages,& two microswithes & a Holley fuel pump for
      400.00 Dlrs ( gonna offer him 350.00)but either way
      I am going to buy it.( not like he's going to need
      it in jail!) As for the head ( already got it ) I
      plan to port & polish it my self, then have it
      milled .030 for compression.
      My Goal: to race in the Import Drag Nationals in
      Wisconsin in June.
      Hopefully I will have everything assembled by the
      first week of May,
      to give me some track time in the car before the
      race.
      I also plan to post everything in a Web site ,
      progress , problems, outcome & lots of pictures &
      detail.
      Hoping to repreaent the Neon camp, cause I am tired
      of people (especially Honda's that I beat) talking
      shit about Neons.
      Which aside from the V-tec aint nothing special (
      you got to install Cylinder liners to turbo them
      above 250 Hp & have a block filler atop the the
      block, that is welded in!) Neons blocks are just
      fine for turbo duty with out the hassle.
      I think I might turn low to mid 14's , 13's would be
      tad optimistic
      Catch you all later, wish me luck!
      Eddie
    • Ben Buker
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2000
        Are you shure you want to raise compression if you're running
        nitrous? The DOHC's compression is pretty low to start with, but it
        seams that raising it will just increase your chance of blowing the
        motor. Just a thought, but maybe you've already considered that. As
        for the sub 14sec hopes, that's not too optimistic at all. I'm
        hoping to run low 14's with my SOHC auto...now THAT'S optimistic. If
        I get in the 14's at all I'll be really happy but low 14's would be
        awesome. Gary Howell ran a 14.005 in a stock SOHC auto with 100shot
        nitrous and nothing else besides weight reduction (no interior,
        airbags, motor mount dampener, ect.). So I'd say mid or even low
        13's would be well within your reach. Good luck, and let us know how
        it turns out.

        Ben