Important Information about Fracking/ Public Meeting March 8th

  • Fran
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 9:26 AM
      STRONG RESOURCES FOR INFORMATION ON FRACKING IN PA

      http://www.pahouse.com/EnvResources/documents/Marcellus%20Shale%20Report%20UPDATED%208-2010.pdf - Marcellus Shale Report, Updated 8/2010 (This is important because the information that the oil companies are trying to use for their arguments is outdated, or they try to say it is anecdotal and therefore not 'scientific. This report cites/links many sources for the information in it.)

      http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/27/us/27gas.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&hp - 'Regulation Lax as Gas Wells' Tainted Water Hits Rivers'

      "In December, the Republican governor-elect, Tom Corbett, who during his campaign took more gas industry contributions than all his competitors combined, said he would reopen state land to new drilling, reversing a decision made by his predecessor, Edward G. Rendell. The change clears the way for as many as 10,000 wells on public land, up from about 25 active wells today.

      In arguing against a proposed gas-extraction tax on the industry, Mr. Corbett said regulation of the industry had been too aggressive."

      This report and article are too long to paste. If you can, save them for reference.

      PUBLIC MEETING AT CITY HALL, 3/8/11 - YOUR CHANCE TO SPEAK UP!

      Clean Water Action is calling on folks who are concerned about Hydrofracking in the Delaware River watershed to come out to an event we are organizing to give our city a voice.

      Open Forum on DRBC Regulations at City Hall
      When? Tuesday, March 8, 2011. Doors at 5:15.
      Hearing at 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
      Where? City Council Chambers, City Hall, Philadelphia, PA

      Come to City Hall and speak your mind on hydrofacking! Once the DRBC approves regulations for natural gas drilling, hydrofracking can begin along the Delaware River. Hydrofracking will put diesel fuel, arsenic and hydrochloric acid in the water supply of Philadelphia. Councilwoman Blondell Reynolds Brown has partnered with Clean Water Action and other environmental groups to host a forum on natural gas drilling in the water supply of Philadelphia.

      Sponsored by:
      Councilwoman Blondell Reynolds Brown
      Clean Water Action
      Sierra Club of Southeastern PA
      PennEnvironment
      Delaware Riverkeeper Network
      Protecting our Waters

      We want you to testify! Here are the rules:
      . To testify, you must sign in with Clean Water Action staff at the event. Testifiers will speak in the order they signed up.
      . Sorry, no anonymous testifiers. You must give full contact information for submittal to DRBC . Written testimony may be submitted (no length requirement)
      . Spoken testimony will be no more than 3 minutes We cannot guarantee that all testifiers who sign up will have time to speak, but all written testimony will be submitted.

      You can submit comments to the DRBC now at this site,
      http://bit.ly/drbcnatgas