  • b soltis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 1:36 AM
      Memorial Day thoughts...............
      This video (see link) provides moving images of the effects of the US government's war policy on the people involved. It's so depressing to realize that this is our legacy. I send this in the hope that it motivates you to continue resistance to these horrors perpetrated in our names for "the spread of democracy".
      Bernadette

      Must see flash videos
      From: CODEPINK
      Subject: A Flash Video That Speaks to The Original Call for Mother's Day

      3cc7f50.jpg

      Julia Ward Howe, the initiator of Mother's Day as a call for peace in 1870, would be horrified to see what the Bush administration has wrought. And so are we. As a compelling reminder of the real-life consequences of Bush's policies, watch this flash video of images from the past two months in Iraq. Watch it and weep, like we did. Watch it and get angry, like we did. But most of all, watch it and pledge that you will join us to STOP THIS MADNESS.

      Here are three ideas to move us forward:
      Join or start or build a local CODEPINK group. Look on our website to see if there is an existing CODEPINK group in your community. If so, please get in touch with the convener to see how you can help. If no group exists, be the convener yourself. Click here for ideas on how to get started.

      There are many more ideas in our new book Stop the Next War Now.

      Now is the time to wake up the conscience of our nation. Now is the time to take seriously the words of Julia Ward Howe:

      "We women of one country will be too tender of those of another country to allow our sons to be trained to injure theirs. From the bosom of the devastated earth a voice goes up with our own. It says, 'Disarm, Disarm!'."

      With a passion for peace,
       Dana, Farida, Gael, Jodie, Medea, Nancy, Rae and Tiffany

      http://mail.yahoo.com