THE HOUSE I LIVE IN, Tomorrow, Peace Center of Delaware County, Spring field, PA; & 2013 Fall/Winter Calendar at Peace Center

  • brandywine@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2013
      Peace Center of Delaware County,
      1001 Old Sproul Road, Springfield, PA 19064

      Fri., October 4, at 7p.m. - First-Friday Free Large Screen Film Showing at the Peace Center of Delaware County, 1001 Old Springfield Road, Springfield, PA 19064
      THE HOUSE I LIVE IN
      (U.S., 2012, 1 hr. 50 mins. Not Rated. Written and directed by Eugene Jarecki. Executive Producers John Legend, Brad Pitt, Danny Glover, and Russell Simmons.)

      Directed by Eugene Jarecki, whose 2005 film, WHY WE FIGHT, took us inside the U.S. war machine and military-industrial complex. With his latest myth-shattering and provocative documentary feature, THE HOUSE I LIVE IN, Jarecki takes us into the real picture of the War on Drugs, and its actual consequences. Prepare to have your assumptions about the War on Drugs challenged!

      THE HOUSE I LIVE IN movie trailer, http://vimeo.com/63391643.

      Fall - Winter 2013 Calendar...Put these events on your calendar and spread the word.
      All Events are FREE!
      For more information: www.delcopeacecenter.org or call (610) 544-1818

      Fri., November 1, at 7p.m. - CHASING ICE at First-Friday Free Large Screen Film Series.
      Acclaimed National Geographic photographer, James Balog, captures the haunting reality of polar meltdown and global warming in a documentary feature film that is exciting, awe inspiring, and a wake-up call for immediate action to save the planet from ourselves.  You will not believe what you see, but we all must!
      SEE CHASING ICE movie trailer, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIZTMVNBjc4

      Sun., November 17, at 3:30p.m. - "Mr. President, I'm Frederick Douglass"
      Ex-Slave, writer, intellectual, and abolitionist, challenges Abraham Lincoln. The one-act play by Georgina Bard & Richard Hadley, is being brought to us by Beacon Theatre Productions.

      “Mr. President, I’m Frederick Douglass” is based on the writings of Douglass and Lincoln, with a fictional character named Cornelia added for theatrical interest. The play runs about 35 minutes. Following the production there will be a guided discussion on the legacy and reality of racism in America.

      Doors open at 2:30p.m. for refreshment and reception.

      More on Beacon Theatre Productions at http://www.beacontheatreproductions.org

      A Christmas film classic returns to the First-Friday Film Series at the Peace Center about the humanity we share, even in the midst of war...
      merry christmas joyeuz noel best holiday movies ever
      Fri., December 6, at 7p.m. - JOYEUX NOEL (‘Merry Christmas’)
      First-Friday Free Large Screen Film Series.
      (
      2005, 116 mins., written and directed by Christian Carion.  English, French and German with English subtitles)Christmas 1914, World War I rages across Europe. Soldiers on the front lines face unthinkable carnage. This Oscar-nominated "Best Foreign Language Film" is based on the true story of the 1914 Christmas Eve unauthorized truce, and the punishment visited on the participants by their superiors.  Inspired the song "Christmas In The Trenches" by John McCutcheonDoors open at 6:30p.m. for light refreshments. Co-sponsored by Brandywine Peace Community. Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiZPt80VGgc

      On Sunday, December 13, the return of a true guitar virtuoso to the Peace Center for the music of the Holidays and more...Master Musician’ (Guitar for Practicing Musician magazine), Keith Calmes

      Sun., December 13, at 3:30p.m. - Holiday Concert with Keith Calmes
      Keith Calmes has recorded six albums in the last three years with prominent Dutch composer Chiel Meijering. His latest  recording of works written for him is "All We Know Is Now".  Keith has multiple degrees in classical guitar performance, including from the Juilliard School of Music. He is the author of several books, including Guitar Music of the 16th Century and Gospel Favorites for Classical Guitar. More at www.keithcalmes.com
      Keith will be joined by high school and adult guitar students.

      Doors open at 2:30p.m. for refreshment and reception with Holiday craft tables