10616Conference on Peace in the Holy Land on March 28-29

  • Hal Smith
    Mar 21, 2014
    • 1 Attachment
    • 2.2 MB
    Dear NW Greens,

    It was exciting to learn about Jill Stein's progressive position on Palestine, which motivated me to vote for her.

    So I am eager to tell you about our conference on peace in the Holy Land. It will be held this March 28-29 by Friends of Sabeel North America (FOSNA). It will be at the American Friends Service Committee building at 1501 Cherry St., Philadelphia, PA 19102. The conference is co-sponsored and organized by Philadelphia’s Ecumenical Working Group for Middle East Peace, to which I, several Palestinian Christians, and members of various denominations belong. Another co-sponsor is the Birzeit Society. Birzeit is a mixed Christian-Muslim town with a university in the Holy Land that goes back centuries.

    Key speakers at the FOSNA conference in Philadelphia this March include Naim Ateek, Sabeel’s founder and director, and Rami Khouri, a Palestinian-American Christian who directs a policy institute at the American University of Beirut. Our interfaith conference will also include five Jewish speakers and cosponsors.
    I would be grateful if you would let your friends and members know about the conference. For more information, you may see our website: phillyfosna.org

    Hal Smith
    351 Levick St.
    Philadelphia, PA 19111
    Ecumenical Working Group on Middle East Peace