NORTHERN PARULA and BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER at Cypress Patch North Spit 5/14/12

  • Tony Kurz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2012
      This morning Will Lawton and I went birding at the North Spit patches. First the Airport patch with not much, but there were migrants in there and LOTS of mosquitos! Then we headed out to the Cypress patch. First bird I had was a singing NORTHERN PARULA the bird was pretty easy to find staying high in the cypress's singing. Soon after Daryl Coldren arrived and was able to get on the parula, and that's when I found a female BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER. Both warbler's were kind of keeping to themselves rather then hanging out with the other migrants.

      The additional migrants included:
      1 MacGillivray's Warbler
      6 Wilson's Warbler's
      1 Yellow Warbler