5475RE: [nwcalbird] Gray Jay in McKinleyvlle 8 July

  • Gary Lester
    Jul 9, 2014
      We also had Gray Jay 8 July 2014, in our McKinleyville yard (1 ad/1 juv). I was preparing a barbeque and sending a text to Rob regarding his yardlist addition when the birds appeared and I had to change the contents of my text. It was only the second time in 20 years we had GraJ in our yard. Our inland (and non-riparian) yardlist total currently stands at 191.

      RE: Subject: [nwcalbird] Gray Jay in McKinleyvlle 8 July
      To: Northwest calbird <nwcalbird@yahoogroups.com>

      Hi all,
      This morning while doing a yard count I had a juvenile GRAY JAY flying around and calling on the Widow White Creek corridor. This is a bird I have been hoping for to show up here since we moved here in 2010. This was yard bird #137.

      On 6 July I had 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS flying about 1/2 mile to the west and one looked to be juvenile that was calling frequently and interacting a bunch with one of it's supposed parents.

      Photo of the Gray Jay here: https://flic.kr/p/nYfq4D

      --
      Rob Fowler
      McKinleyville, CA