5457Chestnut-sided Warbler and Ash-throated Flycatcher at Shay

  • Rob Fowler
    Jun 7 3:46 PM
      Hi all,
      This morning I did my monthly Shay Park eBird survey and had a GREAT day. Best bird was a singing male CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER that we caught up with in a small clump of alders upslope of the high school road and just east of the 3 tall Monterey Pines at the top of the slope. The other highlight was an ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER which was present at the eastern edge of the park and was foraging out in the open pretty frequently.

      I heard others looked for these birds soon after I reported them but didn't have any luck with refinding them. eBird list here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S18719868

      I'll post some photos and video of the Chestnut-sided and Ash-throated later....

      Rob

      --
      Rob Fowler
      McKinleyville, CA