Re: [nwbluegrass] Re: Real Bluegrass Returns to Corvallis!

  • Jim Richards
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2002
      Tom, Thanks a bunch for the geografic location of
      Corvallis. I found that there is a town in Montana
      called Corvallis. I would have still been looking for
      that Bluegrass band had I gone there. (Big Grin)

      Jim

      --- tonyisdbest <bluegrasser@...> wrote:
      > --- In nwbluegrass@y..., Jim Richards
      > <stretch3796@y...> wrote:
      > > I hate to sound too stupid but I don't know what
      > state
      > > Corvalis is located in.
      >

      > Jim, Corvallis is located in Oregon. In fact, it's
      > the location of
      > Oregon State University.
      >
      > It is close to I-5. From I-5, take exit 228, go west
      > on hiway 34
      > about ten miles. You're there.
      >
      > Alternatively, one can take hiway 99w, as it runs
      > right smack through
      > town.
      >
      > Geographically, it's about 29 miles south (slightly
      > southwest) of
      > Salem...as the crow flies. It's one of the many
      > Willamette Valley
      > communities that are situated on the Willamette
      > River.
      >
      > Hope that helps.
      >
      > -tom

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • tombrisk
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2002
        Actually, there' only one "L" in the one in Montana... in cowboy
        country, just east of Hamilton, located on what I call the "log home
        builders highway" south out of Missoula. I gave up counting the
        manufacturing businesses; the fires there in the recent past have
        allowed tremendous logging opportunities. Pre-dried lumber in the
        round!

        (The men there really do wear cowboy hats and Garth shirts- and no,
        they weren't all going to a bar to dance with each other, they MEAN
        it).

        No bluegrass to be found, tho~ oh, well.

        -Tom