Oysterfest and Bluegrass This Weekend

  • sunbeam98592
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 3, 2002
      Hi all,

      There is huge annual event happening this weekend in Shelton, Wa. -
      it's called the West Coast Seafood and Oyster Shicking Festival
      (Oysterfest). Great food , nonstop entertainment, lots to do.
      26,000 folks expected this year. Runaway Train plays Sat. at 12 and
      2:00 on the Main outdoor stage, Looking Glass plays Sun. at 11 and
      1:00 - same stage. E-mail me if you want more info. Hope to see
      some of you there!

      Greg Linder
    • alan troupe
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 4, 2002
        --- sunbeam98592 <thelin@...> wrote:
        >> it's called the West Coast Seafood and Oyster
        > Shicking Festival

        And if you've ever had your oyster schicked you know
        how painful that can be.

        at

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • pickernik
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 4, 2002

          > And if you've ever had your oyster schicked you know
          > how painful that can be.
          >
          > at
          ~~~~~~~~> Alan, I think you can get shots for that. Nik
        • sunbeam98592
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 4, 2002
            -- Oops! Did I say "shicking"? I meant too say SHOCKING. It's a
            new competition this year . . .

            Greg

            > --- sunbeam98592 <thelin@h...> wrote:
            > >> it's called the West Coast Seafood and Oyster
            > > Shicking Festival
            >

            > And if you've ever had your oyster schicked you know
            > how painful that can be.
            >
            > at

            > http://sbc.yahoo.com
          • Faddis
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 4, 2002
              I think SHOCKED is what happens when you shick your oyster. Of course,
              maybe they do things different on the west side.

              Jim F. -Spokane

              > -- Oops! Did I say "shicking"? I meant too say SHOCKING. It's a
              > new competition this year . . .
              >
              > Greg

              > > > Shicking Festival
              > >

              > > And if you've ever had your oyster schicked you know
              > > how painful that can be.
              > >
              > > at
            • sunbeam98592
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 4, 2002
                ---I wonder what happens when you shuck a shocked oyster - guess
                I'll find out tomorrow.

                Greg

                In nwbluegrass@y..., "Faddis" <fadman@i...> wrote:

                > I think SHOCKED is what happens when you shick your oyster. Of
                course,
                > maybe they do things different on the west side.
                >
                > Jim F. -Spokane
                >

                > > -- Oops! Did I say "shicking"? I meant too say SHOCKING.
                It's a
                > > new competition this year . . .
                > >
                > > Greg

                > > > And if you've ever had your oyster schicked you know
                > > > how painful that can be.
                > > >
                > > > at
              • Thomas G Thornton
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 4, 2002
                  Am interested in more info on location and how is the jamming, is it any good, or do you have to grow your own. thanks Glenn

                  There is huge annual event happening this weekend in Shelton, Wa. -
                  it's called the West Coast Seafood and Oyster Shicking Festival
                  (Oysterfest). Great food , nonstop entertainment, lots to do.
                  26,000 folks expected this year. Runaway Train plays Sat. at 12 and
                  2:00 on the Main outdoor stage, Looking Glass plays Sun. at 11 and
                  1:00 - same stage. E-mail me if you want more info. Hope to see
                  some of you there!

                  Greg Linder

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • johnd
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 4, 2002
                    Jim, these are not mountain oysters?

                    I think SHOCKED is what happens when you shick your oyster. Of course,
                    maybe they do things different on the west side.

                    Jim F. -Spokane

                    > -- Oops! Did I say "shicking"? I meant too say SHOCKING. It's a
                    > new competition this year . . .
                    >
                    > Greg

                    > > > Shicking Festival
                    > >

                    > > And if you've ever had your oyster schicked you know
                    > > how painful that can be.
                    > >
                    > > at

                  • sunbeam98592
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 5, 2002
                      Glen,

                      This event is a half hour north (on 101)of Olympia, just north of
                      Shelton. You'll know you're close when the traffic gets thick near
                      the entrance. Sat. and Sun this weekend - 11 to 6.

                      This isn't really a jamming event - although we could "grow our
                      own". It's wall to wall people and you'd surely draw a crowd of
                      listeners. We did that one year after our set and had a blast.
                      But - Bluegrass is only a small part of this event. The big draw is
                      the food,shucking contests, music variety, micro brew and wines, and
                      the fact that it's the biggest fundraiser for numerous organizations
                      in these parts.

                      Greg
                      In nwbluegrass@y..., "Thomas G Thornton" <elginfiddler@m...> wrote:
                      > Am interested in more info on location and how is the jamming, is
                      it any good, or do you have to grow your own. thanks Glenn

                      Service. Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :
                      http://explorer.msn.com

                    • sunbeam98592
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 5, 2002
                        ---Olympic Mountain oysters.

                        Greg

                        In nwbluegrass@y..., "johnd" <ilive@b...> wrote:
                        > Jim, these are not mountain oysters?

                        Weekend

                        > I think SHOCKED is what happens when you shick your oyster. Of
                        course,
                        > maybe they do things different on the west side.
                        >
                        > Jim F. -Spokane
                        >

                        > > -- Oops! Did I say "shicking"? I meant too say SHOCKING.
                        It's a
                        > > new competition this year . . .
                        > >
                        > > Greg

                        > > > And if you've ever had your oyster schicked you know
                        > > > how painful that can be.
                        > > >
                        > > > at

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                      • Thomas G Thornton
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 6, 2002
                          Hey Greg
                          How about camping or RV parking. Glenn

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 6, 2002
                            Thomas,

                            Just got back from Oysterfest - had a great time - both on stage and
                            doing some impromptu "band" jamming. There is plenty of rv space
                            set aside.
                            Greg---

                            In nwbluegrass@y
                            .
                            ..

                            wrote:
                            > Hey Greg
                            > How about camping or RV parking. Glenn

                          • Shelah Spiegel
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 7, 2002
                              Shucks -- I thought it was called shucking, like shucking the corn. Shoot
                              shelah

                              Faddis wrote:

                              I think SHOCKED is what happens when you shick your oyster. Of course,
                              maybe they do things different on the west side.

                              Jim F. -Spokane

                              > -- Oops! Did I say "shicking"? I meant too say SHOCKING. It's a
                              > new competition this year . . .
                              >
                              > Greg

                              > > > Shicking Festival
                              > >

                              > > And if you've ever had your oyster schicked you know
                              > > how painful that can be.
                              > >
                              > > at

                              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT