Bluegrass Birthdays

  • pearsun806
    Message 1 of 1912 , Oct 1, 2002
      Bluegrass Birthdayd for Tuesday, October 1, 2002
      E.C. Ball 1913, Toshio Watanabe 1946, Old and In The Way Plays the
      Boardinghouse in 1973. Good article by the way in the current issue
      of Bluegrass Unlimited on the "Old and In The Grey" concert at
      Wintergrass this past February.
      Message 1912 of 1912 , Jan 20, 2010
        Mason,

        I agree. All my contracts state that we are independent contractors and are responsible for all taxes. I also describe the purchaser as "authorized representative" instead of "employer".

        To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
        From: mltrking2003@...
        Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:27:02 +0000
        Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Music Contract Form

        I don't know about Wa. but in Oregon if you are an employer (as this contract states) you are liable for all income taxes, State unemployment taxes, FICA (SSI), medicare and, workmans comp. insurance! Myself, as a promoter,I would never sign this contract naming myself as an employer, you think ascap is bad........try going up against the government

        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Shelah Spiegel <ifiddler@...> wrote:

        ---SNIP---