Re: [nwbluegrass] Tygh Valley Bluegrass Jamboree

  • eddard
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2002
      Donna,

      Sawtooth's fiddler = Mike Eisler. Be sure to keep requesting his song "When The Night Bird Cries" until you get to hear it.
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2002
        Everything said about the Jamboree is true X 10 so I won't repeat it.
        However, I do want to add that the steak dinner Saturday night was
        absolutely to die for! Let me tell you, that beef never saw the inside of
        an Albertsons! I think it came from right across the fence around the
        fairgrounds!

        We had a wonderful time (both No Strings Attached and Mark and I). I do
        believe we've finally found a festival of the caliber to replace our beloved
        Myrtle Creek Fest. I just can't say enough good things about it!

        Last weekend in September 2003. BE THERE!

        Kathy B.
        Tualatin, OR

        No Strings Attached web site http://www.SwiftSite.com/nostrings attached
        Ground Zero Sound & Promotions web site
        www.groundzerosound.com

        People will forget what you said,
        People will forget what you did,
        But people will never forget how you made them feel!

      • Kathy Boyd
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 7, 2005
          For those of you who have been inquiring. . .

          Sonny Cox and Debra Holbrook Present

          The Tygh Valley Bluegrass Jamboree
          September 23-25, 2005

          WASCO COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS
          At Tygh Valley, Oregon
          in the heart of Wasco County!

          THE EARL BROTHERS
          GREAT NORTHERN PLANES
          THE HAKANSON FAMILY BAND
          DOWN THE ROAD
          FIDDLEGRASS
          MUD SPRINGS GOSPEL BAND
          (2006 The Buckhorn Mountain Boys)
          Dick & June Marie Bell present:
          "The Dump Station Review"
          an RV Comedy Show, Friday Night only at 7 pm!

          Show Times

          Friday
          Evening Show 6 - 9:30

          Saturday
          Morning workshops & band scramble
          Afternoon Show 12 - 4 pm
          Evening Show 5 - 9 pm

          Sunday
          Gospel & Bluegrass 10 am to 2 pm

          Admission
          FRIDAY $10 per person
          SATURDAY $15 per person
          OR a $20 weekend pass
          Children 12 & under always FREE
          (Prepaid weekend passes: $35 for 2 passes - send $ to address below)
          SUNDAY free admission

          For RV and camp sites at the
          fairgrounds call Sid Moss at (541) 483-2288

          Sponsors are appreciated. Non-food Vendors welcome
          The Dew Drop Inn & a Saturday Night Beef BBQ
          sponsored by The Shaniko Preservation Guild!

          For an information packet, write, call, or email
          Debra Holbrook
          PO Box 123
          Shaniko, OR 97057
          (541) 489-3434
          dholbrook@...
          Check out our review on
          www.uptownbluegrass.com

          Come on out folks, this is a REAL good time!

          Kathy B
          Tualatin, OR

          NOW APPEARNG ON THE HORIZON. . . .
          Kathy Boyd & Phoenix Rising
          Temporary webpage: http://www.uptownbluegrass.com/phoenix.html

          Bringing you quality bluegrass music on your time schedule. . . . give us a
          listen today!
          www.uptownbluegrass.com
        • philptcu@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 24, 2006
            We just got home from Tygh Valley.....and what a wonderful festival!
            We arrived there Thursday about noon...the place was humming with
            people.....and it just got better and better. I loved the format, with
            lots of emphasis on kid stuff. The bands were mostly really outstanding.
            The place was clean, and my every need was satisfied.
            Since I can't walk long distances, they went out of their way to find me
            an RV spot really close to the performance area. How about that!
            You can bet I'll go there again...Not a glitch in the whole weekend!
            Weather was wonderful. I've been to several festivals over the past few
            years, and this tops out as the very very best. Deb (the lady from
            Shaniko who organizes it) did an outstanding job. George McKnight was in
            true form. Mark the sound man did a super super job of making everyonbe sound
            perfect.
            The barbeque Saturday evening was too rare...so what,,,,we just took ours to
            the motorhome and stuck it in the microwave for a bit.
            Festival organizers could profit from picking up some pointers from
            Tygh Valley. What a satisfying time!!!!!!!!! Phil Carrier

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 25, 2006
              Thanks for the compliment Phil!

              It was truly a great festival. Amazing attendance, great bands, good food,
              tons of picking and a format that worked almost perfectly.

              I walked through the camping/RV area Saturday morning and what a surprise.
              It seemed to go on for a quarter of a mile. I know the promoters, Deb, Hugh
              and Sonny were jumping with joy by Friday night so it was a huge success.

              Thanks for being a part of Tygh Valley, see you next year.

              >From: philptcu@...
              --SNIP)>
              >We just got home from Tygh Valley.....and what a wonderful festival!
              >We arrived there Thursday about noon...the place was humming with
              >people.....and it just got better and better. I loved the format, with
              >lots of emphasis on kid stuff. The bands were mostly really outstanding.
              >The place was clean, and my every need was satisfied.
              >Since I can't walk long distances, they went out of their way to find me
              >an RV spot really close to the performance area. How about that!
              >You can bet I'll go there again...Not a glitch in the whole weekend!
              >Weather was wonderful. I've been to several festivals over the past few
              >years, and this tops out as the very very best. Deb (the lady from
              >Shaniko who organizes it) did an outstanding job. George McKnight was in
              >true form. Mark the sound man did a super super job of making everyonbe
              >sound
              >perfect.
              >The barbeque Saturday evening was too rare...so what,,,,we just took ours
              >the motorhome and stuck it in the microwave for a bit.
              >Festival organizers could profit from picking up some pointers from
              >Tygh Valley. What a satisfying time!!!!!!!!! Phil Carrier

            • Cleve
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 1, 2010
                It looks like we are all getting excited for Tygh Valley.
                Check it out at

                http://www.uptownbluegrass.com/Tygh_Valley.html

                Also check out pictures from last year.

                https://www.me.com/gallery/#100273
                http://gallery.me.com/friedmac#100280
                http://gallery.me.com/friedmac#100290

                See ya'll there.
              • David
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 1, 2010
                  Puddletown Ramblers are excited about Tygh Valley. We're performing Saturday, September 25 at 4pm and again at 8pm. We look forward to seeing you all there. Come jam.

                  --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Cleve" <cjfriedmay@...> wrote:

                  > It looks like we are all getting excited for Tygh Valley.
                  > Check it out at
                  >
                  > http://www.uptownbluegrass.com/Tygh_Valley.html
                  >
                  > Also check out pictures from last year.
                  >
                  > https://www.me.com/gallery/#100273
                  > http://gallery.me.com/friedmac#100280
                  > http://gallery.me.com/friedmac#100290
                  >
                  > See ya'll there.

                • David
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 29, 2012
                    We'll be performing in prime time at the Tygh Valley Bluegrass Jamboree Sept. 21-23, 2012. Our Saturday performance starts at 8:30pm. We will also be doing a Sunday morning gospel set. Come on over to eat homemade chili, salad and bread with myself and Dan and Denise Lockwood. We're having a potluck Friday night of the festival around 5pm. Bring your own drink and a dish to share if you want. Don't forget a chair. If you want to bring your own dish and silverware that would be great. We'll have some if you need it. I'll also be teaching a beginning guitar workshop on Saturday morning. Not to mention..all the jamming! Come by. My jams are open to everyone. We will be putting two large canopies together complete with lights and heat. Plenty of room to get rowdy. See you there!
                  • sharidolan
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 30, 2012
                      Looking forward to it, Dave.

                      Shari Dolan