Re: [nwbluegrass] More Stevenson Thoughts (kinda long)

  • Faddis
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3 10:31 AM
      > Needs improving:
      >
      > - Shower and rest room cleanliness was worse than usual and IMO and
      > IMWO (in my WIFE's opinion which is really important), below
      > acceptable levels.

      I don't know that they were any worse than ever except that for urinals in
      the men's bathroom, where the only one that flushes is on the left and it
      flushes too much. I thought the showers were about the same.

      > - Food concessions had a broader selection this year, but it didn't
      > matter since some were so filthy they weren't worth patronizing.
      > (note that I am NOT a clean freak, but there are limits)

      I only ate one meal away from the camp and I would kind of have to agree
      with you on that one. Too many bare hands handling my food after handling
      money and everything else, and I'm not a clean freak either.

      > - Group camps? Lots of associated problems, rules, etc. Perhaps
      > worth a thread in NWBG. I hate the practice of folk who 'save' camps
      > for their buddies who don't feel like showing up until Friday night,
      > but maybe there's an alternative.

      It's been my experience that you can reserve your area and the folks that
      you camp with. Every year I tell them I want to be near so and so and they
      put me there. Also, I don't know if it's a matter of "not feeling like
      showing up until Friday night", people do have to work.

      Stevenson is my favorite festival but there is always room for improvement.

      Jim,Spokane