Who?

  • johnd
    Message 1 of 1912 , Aug 1, 2002
      Whozat?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Sally Metts [mailto:sallyjanem@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 7:41 PM
      To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: which festival?

      >Mt Hood Festival?
      >I love Bluegrass Etc and Dennis Carpinger has got to be the best musician
      >on
      >the planet!

      Yeah, and my favorite mandolin player and banjo player on the planet will be
      there, too!

      -Jolliff Fan Sal

      Message 1912 of 1912 , Jan 20, 2010
        Mason,

        I agree. All my contracts state that we are independent contractors and are responsible for all taxes. I also describe the purchaser as "authorized representative" instead of "employer".

        To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
        From: mltrking2003@...
        Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:27:02 +0000
        Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Music Contract Form

        I don't know about Wa. but in Oregon if you are an employer (as this contract states) you are liable for all income taxes, State unemployment taxes, FICA (SSI), medicare and, workmans comp. insurance! Myself, as a promoter,I would never sign this contract naming myself as an employer, you think ascap is bad........try going up against the government

        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Shelah Spiegel <ifiddler@...> wrote:

        ---SNIP---