Thanksgiving and bluegrass with Paul Thursday, "American Anecdotes" show on KAOS, Olympia

  • Paul Peck
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2013
      Hello fellow bluegrass fans -

      Some folks, especially in emergency services and retail, must work on
      national holidays. And in radio, the same is true to some extent. The
      show must go on. And since I always take the fourth Thursday show (along
      with the first Thursday) each month, well, tomorrow, Thanksgiving day,
      November 28 just happens to be my turn.

      Not a problem. My wife and I usually stick around home this time of year
      and volunteering to take a two hour shift on the air at KAOS is really a
      privilege and pleasure no matter the month or season. The music, and
      sharing it, it its own reward.

      So, if you're in need of a break from the hub-bub around your domicile
      and the football games are putting you to sleep, why not tune in
      "American Anecdotes" bluegrass music show on KAOS Community Radio
      Thursday evening, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Pacific? I'll play for you a nice
      variety of the genre for those two hours like I always try to do and you
      can sit back and enjoy the ride.

      What do we have? Oh goodness, "Turkey in the Straw" of course! Then
      there's the old time fiddle tune "Turkey Buzzard" in a side-splitting
      comic version by the late, great John Hartford. Truth be told, there are
      not a lot of Thanksgiving songs in the genre to find. Christmas is, of
      course, a different story. But I'll do what I can and fill in the rest
      of the show with some of the latest offerings from groups and musicians
      I think you'd like to hear. Have a blessed and safe holiday and thanks
      for listening to "American Anecdotes" on KAOS Community Radio, Olympia, WA.

      Paul Peck, volunteer host
      "American Anecdotes" bluegrass and old time music show on
      KAOS Community Radio, 89.3 FM and on the web at www.kaosradio.org
      Olympia, WA every Thursday, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.

      KAOS Radio celebrates its 40th Anniversary in 2013!