Kevin Burke/Sandy Silva Teatro Zinzanni Nov 6

  • monkeygod6
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2013
      OK this isn't bluegrass per se and you have my apologies for that, but I wanted to send this to the NWBluegrass list since this is really about a major new venue possibility opening up in Seattle. Teatro Zinzanni is really interested in opening up their gorgeous Spiegeltent next to Seattle Center for more intimate gatherings for roots bands of some stature. If you have suggestions for totally awesome bluegrass bands that might be coming through town and would make awesome shows here, shoot them my way and I can make a few recommendations:

      devon at hearthmusic dot com

      And come out to this if you have any interest in Irish music or traditional music of most kinds. If we can show support for this first show, it will be easier to suggest later shows!

      Dear Friends,

      This concert is going to be amazing!! You all know master Irish fiddler Kevin Burke, of course, but we don't usually get to see him reunited with his old bandmate from Open House, Sandy Silva. Sandy's an amazing stepdancer and percussionist, a visionary folk artist who's played on huge arena stages with some of the biggest band in trad music. The best thing is that Teatro Zinzanni is opening up there beautiful Speigeltent downtown. It's an amazing venue and they're even serving food and drink!

      Check it out and be sure to attend if possible. This might be the start of more amazing trad concerts from Teatro Zinzanni!

      MORE INFO:

      Wed. Nov 6
      Kevin Burke, Sandy Silva, Cal Scott
      Teatro Zinzanni
      The Spiegeltent
      at 222 Mercer St, Seattle.
      Doors at 6pm, show at 7:30
      http://dreams.zinzanni.org/kevinburke
      General Admission $25/Up close $30

      I hope you can join us for a wonderful evening with master Irish Fiddler Kevin Burke and the amazing percussive dancer Sandy Silva together with Cal Scott’s great guitar playing Wednesday, Nov. 6th.  Doors open at 6:00 and the show starts at 7:30.  Dinner and drinks will be available as well at the beautiful Teatro Zinzanni spiegeltent at 222 Mercer St, Seattle. All ages are welcome. http://dreams.zinzanni.org/kevinburke

      Kevin is well known to fans of traditional fiddling for his recordings and performances with the Bothy Band, Patrick Street, Celtic Fiddle Festival and Open House (with local heroes Sandy Silva, Paul Kotopish and Mark Graham) as well has his solo work. Sandy has built on her worldwide studies of traditional step and percussive dance to create a powerful performance,  as well as rhythmic accompaniment tailored to the tunes. Known to NW audiences for her work here in the 1980s and 1990s she currently tours with the French Canadian powerhouse of traditional music with a modern twist, La Bottinne Souriante. Cal Scott brings some wonderful guitar playing to the mix.

      In this intimate setting, the show will highlight tunes expressing the mood of the changing season with the vibrancy of their musical style.  It will showcase the diversity of influences that both Kevin and Sandy have from their varied backgrounds as musicians rooted in tradition, yet influenced by their world travels. They will talk about how the influences of place and culture have had an overall effect on the musical choices they have made. Kevin and Sandy have worked together off and on for 27 years and both bring a masterful knowledge and musicianship as well as an absolute passion and the highest level of accomplishment to this work.

      Devon @ Hearth Music