Bluegrass on the Green Festival - Mountlake Terrace, WA, 8/23/2013, 10:30 am

  • nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
      Reminder from: nwbluegrass Yahoo! Group

      Title: Bluegrass on the Green Festival - Mountlake Terrace, WA

      Date: Friday August 23, 2013
      Time: 10:30 am - 8:00 pm (GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
      Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
      Notes: Friday, August 23, 2013
      Sunday, August 25, 2013

      Bluegrass on the Green Festival

      Nile Golf Course and Shrine Center

      Mountlake Terrace, WA

    • nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 22, 2013

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 22, 2013
          Texas Toasters at Veneta Farmer's Market

          Need some veggies?  Head on out to the Veneta Oregon Farmer’s Market.  Need some tunes?   Friday Aug 23 from 4:30-6:30pm the Texas Toasters will be entertaining with some wild Western Swing.   Check out:
          http://www.ci.veneta.or.us/farmersmkt.cfm
          www.texastoasters.com
        • Jiff
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 26, 2013
            Had a great time on Saturday. Sure hope this festival keeps getting stronger as the Seattle area's summer bluegrass festival. My report with a link to photos:
            http://mtheads.yuku.com/reply/17117/Summer-Outdoor-Concerts-2013#reply-17117
          • Mark Steudel
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
              Great pictures!

              On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Jiff <jeffmccalib@...> wrote:

              Had a great time on Saturday. Sure hope this festival keeps getting stronger as the Seattle area's summer bluegrass festival. My report with a link to photos:
              http://mtheads.yuku.com/reply/17117/Summer-Outdoor-Concerts-2013#reply-17117

              Mark Steudel
              P: 425.298.7244
              F: 206.260.3021
              msteudel@...

              . : Adoption Updates : .
              http://www.steudel.org/blog

              . : Work : .
              http://www.mindfulinteractive.com

              . : LinkedIn : .
              http://www.linkedin.com/in/steudel
            • Jim Krowka
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
                Tygh Valley festival

                Where can one find information on camping, fees and schedule of events for the Tygh Valley festival?
              • Rod
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
                  Old number might still be good.. Fair people...
                  541-883-2288
                  Rod

                  Jim Krowka <nubinnubin@...> wrote:

                  Where can one find information on camping, fees and schedule of events for the Tygh Valley festival?

                  ---
                  Sent from my Android phone. Please excuse my brevity.
                • Matthew Snook
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
                    One of the best kept secrets in the Northwest, it seems.

                    The website http://tyghvalleybluegrassjamboree.com/ is a bit out of date...   Luckily the info is on the Oregon (http://www.oregonbluegrass.org/festival_calendar.php) and Washington (http://www.washingtonbluegrassassociation.org/festivals.php) bluegrass festivals pages.

                    The town of Shaniko, where once upon a time the festival was held, has a page for it: http://www.shanikooregon.com/events/tygh-valley.

                    But it seems you have to be on Facebook to see the official page these days: https://www.facebook.com/TyghValleyBluegrassJamboree

                    So, the info is out there, but they sure don't make it easy to find... Hint, hint...

                    Matt

                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
                        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Jim Krowka <nubinnubin@...> wrote:

                        > Where can one find information on camping, fees and schedule of events for
                        > the Tygh Valley festival?

                        Jim,

                        A few days ago, I compiled all the key info from their facebook page (which Matt referenced) and put it into our NWBluegrass Calendar at:

                        Scroll to Sept 27-29, and then click on the entry for "Tygh Valley" to open the NWBG calendar info for this event ... I think it has all the pertinent info on camping, fees, bands, etc.

                        Joe
                      • Joe
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 28, 2013
                          Thanks for sharing the link ... I also enjoyed seeing your nice photos on your flickr stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67928702@N00/9605918884/in/photostream/
                        • Jon Cooper
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 28, 2013
                            For a weekend pass to the Tygh Valley Festival, send  $25/person to Debra Holbrook c/o the Shaniko Preservation Guild.
                            Mail it to S.P.G., P.O. Box 123, Shaniko, OR 97057 . Debra can hold tickets at the gate for you or mail them to you if you prefer.!

                            For those needing reservations with water and electrical, etc. call Diane @ 541-318-8012 .

                            Otherwise, camping space is plentiful and available on a first come, first served basis. Although the festival officially opens Friday, lots of folks who can get the time off, come earlier in the week and just hang out and meet new folks and jam, etc.

                            A big "thanks" to Volunteers, Diane and Peter, for handling the reservations that have water and electrical hookups.

                            See you there!

                            Jon Cooper

                          • Lauri Gordon