Chemainus, British Columbia BLUEGRASS FEST July 27-28, 7/27/2013, 3:00 pm

  • nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2013
      Reminder from: nwbluegrass Yahoo! Group

      Title: Chemainus, British Columbia BLUEGRASS FEST July 27-28

      Date: Saturday July 27, 2013
      Time: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm (GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
      Location: Chemainus, British Columbia
      Notes: One of the wonderful events presented each year by the Chemainus Valley Cultural Arts Society
      Two magical days of bluegrass music on Vancouver Island - in Chemainus, British Columbia. Follow
      Chemainus Bluegrass - near Duncan, Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Victoria & the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, British Columbia

      Highrise Lonesome
      We've started adding bands to the line-up for the 2013 festival. And we think you'll like what we have to offer. Make plans now for your visit to Chemainus on July 27 and 28, in 2013.

      ------------------------

      Highrise Lonesome wil be here from Vancouver, featuring Sue Malcom (vocals, guitar, clawhammer banjo), Vic Smyth (vocals, mandolin, rhythm guitar), Don Fraser (vocals, resophonic guitar, lead guitar), Jay Buckwold (five string banjo), and Stu MacDonald (vocals, upright bass). This is their first visit to the Chemainus Festival, and we think you'll love this band.
      __

      5 on a String
      5 on a String will also be visiting us from Vancouver for the first time. The band features Gordie Sadler (Banjo, lead and tenor vocals), Tim Eccles (Mandolin, lead and tenor vocals), Hugh Ellenwood (Fiddle, lead and bass vocals), Garry Stevenson (Guitar, lead and baritone vocals), and Dan Mornar (Upright Bass, lead and tenor vocals). We've been really impressed with this band ever since seeing them for the first time years ago at the Coombs festival. We're looking forward to seeing them here...
      __
      You'll also see The Hub City Ramblers, which is the latest offering from mandolin ace Ira Pelletier, of Nanaimo. Ira's show was extremely popular when he last played at our festival a couple of years ago, and we're happy to have him back. Apart from Ira's mandolin wizardry, the Hub City Ramblers will be demonstrating wonderful "brother-style" harmonies. We're looking forward to it...
      __

      Also joining us also will be The Maple Mountain Boys from the Cowichan Valley. These boys won the band competition at the last Lighthouse Bluegrass Festival, and they feature wonderful, award-winning musicians. They were immensely popular when they closed out the last Chemainus festival on the Sunday afternoon, and we know you'll love them again in 2013.
      __

      You'll also see one of Vancouver Island's most well-liked bands, Bluegrass Fever. This band has really become the "host band" for this festival, and the Chemainus crowd always appreciates this band whenever they visit town.
      __

      We'll be bringing you more news of our line-up, as it happens...

      In 2013, we'll have the usual Saturday show from 11:00 am until 9:00 pm. at Waterwheel Park. We'll also be featuring a Sunday show again in 2013, which will be in the park from 11:00 AM until some tim after 4:0 pm...

      With Saturday admission priced at a "suggested donation" of just fifteen bucks (ten bucks on Sunday), the entire weekend will be a very reasonable cost ($20 for a weekend pass). We also have great deals for families...

      This will be another one of Vancouver Island's wonderful music festivals, here in British Columbia. We will have a line-up of great performers for you, whom you'll be able to enjoy in the magical surroundings of Waterwheel Park, right in the centre of beautiful Chemainus, BC.

      http://www.chemainusbluegrass.com/