Windy Hill Bluegrass NW Tour

  • thecascadecolonels
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2013
      California based bluegrass band WINDY HILL will be swinging through the NW this summer. Traditional bluegrass at its finest featuring some of the west coast's best players.

      Learn more at www.windyhillbluegrass.com
      or www.facebook.com/WindyHillbluegrass

      Tuesday, 16 – Ashland w/ 8 Dollar Mountain
      Wednesday 17 – Corvallis – Bombs Away Café
      Thursday 18 – Portland – Laurelthirst
      Saturday 20 – Darrington Bluegrass Festival
      Sunday 21 – Darrington Bluegrass Festival
      Tuesday 23 – Gastro Pub, Port Angeles
      Thursday 25 – Seattle, WA
      Friday 26 – Olympia, Oly Mountain Boys and Pine Hearts
      Saturday 27 – Portland – East Burn
      Sunday 28 – Hood River – The Pint Shack
      Tuesday 30 – Portland – White Eagle
      Wednesday 31 – Wilsonville – Wilsonville Pub
      Thursday Aug 1 – Squirrel's Tavern, Corvallis
      Friday 2 – Cottage Grove, Axe and Fiddle
      Saturday 3 – Eugene – Sam Bond's Garage, Ninkasi
      Monday 5 – Bend
      Tuesday 6 – Boise – Pengilly's Saloon
      Wednesday 7 – Boise – Tom Grainey's
      Friday 9 – Provo – ABG's
      Sunday 11 – SLC – Gracie's
      Saturday 17 – Livingston, Murray Bar
      Sunday 18 – Livingston, Murray Bar
      Tuesday 20 – Missoula, Top Hat
      Wednesday 21 – John's Alley, Moscow
      Thursday 22 – Seattle – The Nectar Lounge
      Saturday 24 – Bluegrass on the Green
      Sunday 25 – Bluegrass on the Green
    • Paul Peck
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2013
        Boy howdy! You have got to catch these boys when they arrive in your
        area. I call 'em "new old school" bluegrass and that really is accurate.
        We're talking to the band about coming on "American Anecdotes" bluegrass
        music show on KAOS, Olympia, in late July before their highly
        anticipated July 26 date in Olympia at the Steamboat Island Bluegrass
        Festival. Will let y'all know as the date approaches. Meanwhile, check
        their web site and sample / buy their music.

        Paul
      • jacklynlester
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013
          Paul said  <<Boy howdy! You have got to catch these boys when they arrive in your
          area. I call 'em "new old school" bluegrass and that really is accurate.
          We're talking to the band about coming on "American Anecdotes" bluegrass
          music show on KAOS, Olympia, in late July before their highly
          anticipated July 26 date in Olympia at the Steamboat Island Bluegrass
          Festival. Will let y'all know as the date approaches. Meanwhile, check
          their web site and sample / buy their music.

          I see that they are scheduled to be at the Darrington Bluegrass Festival later this month on Saturday and Sunday, July 20 and 21.  http://www.darringtonbluegrass.com/

          Jackie.

        • nancy powell
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2013
            I heard Windy Hill one day on KBOO and agree they are a great.   I immediately bought some of their music and it's some of my favorite. I love the way they perform Scotland.  Very cool tune.

          • Kim Mericle
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2013
              They are playing at Alex's in Ashland, OR w/ $8 Mountain on Tuesday July 16th.