Double-Bill of the NW’s Most Entertaining Acoustic Bands To Appear at TaborSpace

  • kritter145
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9 7:01 AM
      On Saturday, April Southeast Portland will be treated to the long awaited double-bill show featuring the award winning storytelling of Kathy Boyd & Phoenix Rising, the hilarious hyjinx of Fadin' By 9 and the outstanding musicianship of both bands. . . all in one show!

      Featuring songs off their new CD's and produced in partnership with Eastside Bluegrass, this is a show you simply can't miss!!

      Concert will take place at TaborSpace, located at 5441 SE Belmont Street in Portland, Oregon. For directions or information call (503) 238-3904.

      Jammers are welcome at 5:30 p.m. Show begins at 7:00 p.m.

      Tickets are $10 in advance at http://kbprfb9.bpt.me or $15 at the door. Children under 10 will be admitted with 2 cans of food for the local food band and a promise of good behavior during the show.

      To check out the bands you can see their web pages at:
      http://www.phoenixrisingband.org
      http://www.fadinby9.com

      Based in Tualatin, Oregon – the award winning original roots music group Kathy Boyd & Phoenix Rising continues to stack up awards and accolades while performing their high-energy shows throughout the West. Awards include guitar player Dennis Nelson being named 2008 Roots Music Association Bluegrass Songwriter of the Year and banjo player Tom Tower winning the $10,000 prize in the 2010 City Love Music Contest. In 2012 their upbeat tune "Am I A Fool For Your Love" won a spot on The Alternate Root Valentine Sampler and their song "Risky Business" was chosen for the Ambassadorship Program through Rock the Cuts (sponsored by Super Cuts). In 2013 their song "Death Grip" kept them in the Super Cuts Ambassadorship program, and they continue to ride the success of the January 2013 release of their 4th all-original recording into the second quarter of the year.

      Currently touring to promote the release of their all-original 4th CD, this troupe of entertainers continues to spend as many hours as possible sharing their music with the general public. "Lowground" was released for international radio airplay on January 1, 2013 and in it's 1st week of release became the #1 bluegrass album downloaded for radio airplay and contained all 10 of the top ten singles downloaded for radio airplay in any genre. It held the #2 spot for the remainder of the month and stayed in the top 25 throughout the month of February.

      Radio stations world-wide have lined up to interview the group this year, and the songwriting – especially that of member Tim Crosby – has been compared to legends such as Waylon Jennings and Bruce Springsteen.

      "After seven years together we definitely have our own unique sound." states KBPR band leader Kathy Boyd, "We've now reached a spot where we are so comfortable with who we are and what we do that it's allowing us to stretch in new and more complex musical directions."

      "Audience response to all of our music continues to be enthusiastic, which in turn makes us better performers. It's a huge circle of excitement and love that benefits everyone!"

      Based out of Vancouver, Washington, Fadin' By 9 is a group that has been bringing its unique brand of bluegrass and Americana to Pacific Northwest audiences since 2005. With hot pickin', tight harmonies, and an eclectic mix of "bluegrassified" rock, folk, bluegrass standards, and original tunes, Fadin' by 9 creates an energetic and uplifting sound that will have you tapping your feet and dancing in the aisles.

      Fadin' by 9 features Dave Irwin on the guitar, Joe Lapidus on banjo, Seth Moran on the fiddle, and Ben Shafton on bass. Each comes from a different musical background: Dave started as a folk guitarist, Joe learned straight-up bluegrass banjo, Seth began life as a classical violinist/violist, and Ben played bass in so many rock n' roll bands he lost track. All four take turns singing lead and harmony vocals, with 3- and 4-part harmony an integral part of their sound.

      In 2011 Fadin' by 9 released its first CD, cleverly self-titled "Fadin' by 9", which has had tracks featured on KBOO radio in Portland OR, on KTIC radio in LaPine OR, and on
      George McKnight's "Uptown Bluegrass" syndicated radio show heard throughout the US and Canada. They are currently in the studio recording their second CD – and will be featuring songs off that release at this performance.