John Reischman Mandolin Workshops in Seattle, 2/9/2013, 10:30 am

  • nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2013
      Reminder from: nwbluegrass Yahoo! Group

      Title: John Reischman Mandolin Workshops in Seattle

      Date: Saturday February 9, 2013
      Time: 10:30 am - 3:30 pm (GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
      Location: Dusty Strings, Seattle
      Notes: John Reischman
      Saturday, February 9

      $40 or $70 for both workshops

      Latin Mandolin Styles
      10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.

      In this workshop we will learn a waltz and a Joropo from Venezuela, a couple of tunes from Puerto Rico, and a Samba and a Choro from Brazil. The accompanying rhythms and chord voicings for these tunes will also be explored. We will also focus on good mando technique. The tunes will range from intermediate to advanced level, starting with the less challenging tunes.

      Double Stops and Moveable Position Playing for Bluegrass Mandolin
      1:30-3:30 p.m.

      Learn double-stop voicings that work well in bluegrass music, and apply them to vocal songs such as Long Journey Home and instrumentals like Bluegrass Breakdown. We will also use these double stops as left-hand positions for transposing to other keys, and a base for playing single-note solos. Techniques such as slides, hammer-ons, and arpeggios will also be explored.

      Dusty Strings
      3406 Fremont Avenue North
      Seattle, WA 98103

      866-634-1662