Re: [nwbluegrass] Video from OBA Pickers Fest

  • Marv Sobolesky
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 2, 2012
      Same thing I guess.  Cost is free for cloudee. Unlimited data uploads.  I don't spend time on you tube so I don't know much about it. Sounds like some of you guys really like it.

      Marv Sobolesky

      On Oct 2, 2012, at 6:21 PM, Rod <rod@...> wrote:

      Mark
      Probably none basically....!! Just the openness and bells and whistles and cost...!!

      Mark Steudel <msteudel@...> wrote:

      Doesn't seem like one is really different than the other:

      * upload to X service
      * share with X people

      On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Marv Sobolesky <marv@...> wrote:

      Never thought about sharing with the world. I can email links to friends if they want to see them. Depends on how you want to spend your time I guess.

      Marv Sobolesky

      On Oct 2, 2012, at 5:37 PM, Rod <rod@...> wrote:

      What about sharing them with the world..!! You Tube rules....
      Never heard of Cloudee.....
      But I have heard of folder called my videos...!! LOL

      Marv Sobolesky <marv@...> wrote:

      For storing personal videos I use cloudee on my ipad. Does everything I need it to.

      Marv Sobolesky

      On Oct 2, 2012, at 12:48 PM, nubinnubin@... wrote:

      Hi Marv, .......You Tube is incredibly popular.  What do you consider a better resource?

      Jim

        rod@...>wrote:

        Vimeo wouldn't play at all on my android phone.Youtube works great for streaming...!!

        Mark Steudel <msteudel@...> wrote:

        Didn't have any problems with Vimeo, could bethat Vimeo tries to stream a higher resolution video thanYoutube by default.

        OnTue, Oct 2, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Jim Krowka <nubinnubin@...> wrote:

        Great videos.  Wish I could have been there and looks like it was agreat time.

        Not sure whether it’s my computer in relation to Vimeobut compared to YouTube,  Vimeo videos stream veryslowly, start and stop until they are completely loaded. Kind of a PITA compared to YouTube.  Any othershave frustration with Vimeo?

        .

        ---
        Sent from my Android phone. Please excuse my brevity.

        ---
        Sent from my Android phone. Please excuse my brevity.

        Mark Steudel
        P: 425.298.7244
        F: 206.260.3021
        msteudel@...

        . : Work : .
        http://www.mindfulinteractive.com

        . : Play : .
        http://www.steudel.org/blog

        . : LinkedIn : .
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/steudel

      • Rod

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 3, 2012
            Re: [nwbluegrass] Video from OBA Pickers Fest As a learning resource for tunes and licks You Tube is something that would have been beyond comprehension years ago.  How many of us remember putting the needle on the phonograph back and forth to learn a banjo, guitar or fiddle lick.  Now I can search You Tube, find sometimes many versions of a tune, a cool lick, sometimes someone teaching it or else a unique private performance of a favorite artist, copy the URL, paste into flvto.com and in a few minutes have a soundfile on your computer.  Then with a slowdown application like Transcribe have what you want to learn at a comprehensible speed (necessary when trying to learn for example Brian Sutton or Chris Thile licks).  The ONLY problem with all of this is trying to get chores done around the farm....

            Jim

            www.marvsmusic.com <http://www.marvsmusic.com>

            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 3, 2012
              Hey Everyone

              Dismal Niche plays Pints in North Portland on 10/6/12 6:00 PM.

              Hope to see you there.

              Paul