Re: Happy Birthdays JULY 1 - 15, 7/7/2012, 12:00 am

  • Peter Langston
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2012
      > Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:15 am (PDT) . Posted by: "Joe" redakuma
      > The "new improved" Yahoo calendar has more bugs than a bait store ...

      How do you know? Have you actually seen The "new improved" Yahoo calendar?
      All I can ever get is:

      Upcoming calendar upgrade: Yahoo! Groups calendars are being upgraded
      to a much improved version. You may not have access to the calendar
      (for up to 24 hours) when this group is upgraded. We sincerely
      apologize for this inconvenience.

      I've gotten that for several days. I'm trying to suppress the announcements
      about 3 Play Ricochet appearing at the Green Bean since music camp teaching
      gigs will make us miss our regular Tuesday shows until August 21st . . .

      So please ignore any "new improved" but wrong announcements about 3 Play
      Ricochet gigs before then!

      -Peter
    • Joe
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2012
        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Peter Langston <nwbg@...> wrote:

        > > Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:15 am (PDT) . Posted by: "Joe" redakuma
        > > The "new improved" Yahoo calendar has more bugs than a bait store ...
        >
        > How do you know? Have you actually seen The "new improved" Yahoo calendar?

        Oh, I can see that many changes have been made in our calendar. One nice "improvement," for example, is that they now have us set on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) time zone for Dublin/Edinburgh/Lisbon/ London. I've tried clicking on "action" and "options" to re-set it to the Pacific time zone, and it won't work ... so you might actually see a Tuesday jam session appear in our calendar now as an event on Wednesdays at 1 a.m. ;-(

        During the calendar "migration," some of our event entries have been totally lost.

        Those (and the truncated reminders) are only a couple of the bugs ... it's now near impossible to actually connect with anyone at Yahoo. I participate on three on other lists (moderator central, listhelp and EmailList-Managers). Sometimes you can get help from other list moderators, but all of them are in the same boat as us.

        Or they direct you to join and use the "Yahoo Help Community" to start and discuss issues there:
        http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/helpcentral/community_index.html

        Peter, I don't see any Tuesday references in there to 3 Play Ricochet appearing at the Green Bean. Looks like you successfully suppressed them.

        see ya
        Joe
      • nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2012
          Reminder from: nwbluegrass Yahoo! Group

          Title: Happy Birthdays JULY 1 - 15

          Date: Saturday July 7, 2012
          Time: 12:00 am - 12:00 am
          Notes: BLUEGRASS BIRTHDAYS on JULY 1 - 15 1 Dempsey Young, b. 7/1/54; d. 12/10/2006 1 Everett Lilly, b. 7/1/24; d. 5/10/2012 1 Keith Whitley, b. 7/1/54, d. ...