RE: [nwbluegrass] Re: PASCO, WA - Sacajawea Bluegrass Festival & Dutch Oven Rendezvous 8-10 JUNE, 6/8/2012, 12:00 am

  • Mark G
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2012
      And this year they are bringing in a national band, Balsam Range, which should make the festival even better.

      The food from the dutch ovens is to die for.

      To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
      From: rossjoe@...
      Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:23:43 +0000
      Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: PASCO, WA - Sacajawea Bluegrass Festival & Dutch Oven Rendezvous 8-10 JUNE, 6/8/2012, 12:00 am

      --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <rossjoe@...> wrote:

      > Proper website link for this event is:
      >
      > http://www.mctama.org/sacajawea-bluegrass-festival/

      I really liked just seeing all the photos this festival has uploaded on their website ... While not the same as actually being there, they gave me a good feel for this friendly down-home festival in a beautiful park.

      They also had a link to Scott Butner's 2010 festival photos on flickr. These are definitely worth viewing too:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rs_butner/sets/72157624263093084/

      Recognize anyone?

      See ya

    • nib52000
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2012
        Besides the multitudes of workshops and amazing concerts... the Friday night dance under the stars is a total blast... the 'Chick Rose School of Bluegrass' for youth is something to warm your heart... and if you are a Dutch Oven cook there is the scrumptious potluck and jackpot cook-off to anticipate.

        This year the top vote getting pot will get a $100 grand prize! Cooks anti up $2.oo a pot for the jackpot in their perspective category(`s); main-dish, side-dish or desserts. It's all for fun and bragging rights since the voters are the eaters, and the eaters are you cooks and contracted folks. Bribes and coercion are expected!

        To be able to eat at the Dutch Oven potluck, all you need is to bring your Dutch Ovens full of camp cooked food, or come and cook with us at the Dutch Oven shelter. We do not serve the public dinner. There are food vendors on site.

        So bring your cast iron pots,,, we hope to see you at Sacajawea and share a bite, a listen and a pick with you!

        Nancy Burgess
        www.mctama.org

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2012
          Reminder from: nwbluegrass Yahoo! Group

          Title: PASCO, WA - Sacajawea Bluegrass Festival & Dutch Oven Rendezvous 8-10 JUNE

          Date: Friday June 8, 2012
          Time: All Day
          Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 3 days, 4 minutes.
          Location: on the confluence of the Snake and Columbia rivers
          Notes: Sacajawea Bluegrass Festival and Dutch Oven Rendezvous, Pasco, Washington

          JUNE 8, 9, AND 10, 2012

          Come join us on the confluence of the Snake and Columbia rivers at Sacajawea State Park for the Sacajawea Bluegrass Festival and Dutch Oven Rendezvous. Sacajawea State Park is located near the Tri-Cities (Richland, Kennewick and Pasco, WA) just off Highway 12 east of Pasco.

          Website link for this event is:

          http://www.mctama.org/sacajawea-bluegrass-festival/

          Their lineup features:

          Balsam Range- winners of the 2011 International Bluegrass Music Association song of the year.

          The Bluegrass Regulators

          Runaway Train

          The New Five Cents Stringband

          Top String

          Our concert, dance, workshop, and Dutch Oven schedules are on-line at the link above.

          Additional vendors, sponsors, in-kind donors and volunteers are needed to ensure this festival is a success in bringing tourism into our region, providing family entertainment and education about the traditional arts that we love. Costs may include general operations, sound systems, stages, signage, printing, band fees and expenses.

          INFO:
          Nancy (509)-492-6427 or Reade (509)-492-1555

          Mid-Columbia Traditional Arts and Music Association
          P.O. Box 4632
          TRI-CITIES, WASHINGTON 99302

          MCTAMA President: president@... or 509-492-6427

          Vendor Coordinator: vendor@... or 509-492-6427
          Mid-Columbia Bluegrass Association

          MCBA Representative: mcba@...

          Jam Information: Call Nancy at 509-492-6427
          Three Rivers Cast Iron Cookers

          TRCIC Representative: trcic@... or 509-460-0375
          Sacajawea Bluegrass FestivalRepresentative: sbf@...
          Sacajawea Heritage Days