Band Name, Cover Art, Album Title

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2011
      Name your band, create cover art & name your first album ... randomly!

      This is a pretty fun band name generator:

      http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/random-band-name-cover-album/

      My band name = The Space Men
      Album title = You're Still A Rat
      Cover art = some long-haired and sad looking Scottish cattle

      see ya
      Joe
    • David
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2011
        Band Name: Slinger
        Album Name: Monster Truck Option
        Cover Art: Surrounding Us All

        Sounds like a heavy metal/bluegrass band. I like it!

        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <rossjoe@...> wrote:

        > Name your band, create cover art & name your first album ... randomly!
        >
        > This is a pretty fun band name generator:
        >
        > http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/random-band-name-cover-album/
        >
        > My band name = The Space Men
        > Album title = You're Still A Rat
        > Cover art = some long-haired and sad looking Scottish cattle
        >
        > see ya
        > Joe

      • Jim Krowka
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6, 2011
          Does anyone on this list know if John Hartford and the Aereo-plain band did
          any gigs together? It would be awesome if there were some tapes of live
          sessions in someone¹s collection. Thanks for any info.

          Jim

        • Joe
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 7, 2011
            --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Jim Krowka <nubinnubin@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone on this list know if John Hartford and the Aereo-plain band did
            > any gigs together? It would be awesome if there were some tapes of live
            > sessions in someone¹s collection. Thanks for any info.

            Jim,

            Don't know if they did any gigs together, but you might be interested in this YouTube video:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CKreEvBu_k&feature=related

            "On November 11, 2000, the original members of John Hartford's Aereoplane Band gathered in Albany, NY, their 30th Anniversary Reunion Concert. In addition to John Hartford, Tut Taylor, Norman Blake and Vassar Clements there were special guests Sam Bush, Chris Sharp and Mike Compton. From the Reunion Concert here's the original theme song "Steam Powered Aereoplane"

            Also, you prob already know that "Steam Powered Aereo-Takes" was released in 2002 ... has outtakes & demos from the recording sessions where they just let the tape roll for the original 1971 album (produced by David Bromberg).

            see ya
            Joe
          • jpf1940
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 7, 2011
              --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <rossjoe@...> wrote:

              > --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Jim Krowka <nubinnubin@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Does anyone on this list know if John Hartford and the Aereo-plain band did
              > > any gigs together? It would be awesome if there were some tapes of live
              > > sessions in someone¹s collection. Thanks for any info.

              Go Here > http://tela.sugarmegs.org/alpha/t.html <

              Scroll down to the tut taylor and then look at the view set list
              it'l keep you busy for a spell

              JP
            • Jim Krowka
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 8, 2011
                Thanks for the info Joe and JP,
                You are sure right, JP. The sugarmegs sitge you recommended WILL keep me
                busy for a spell and more. Thanks a bunch for the site info.

                Jim

                On 11/7/11 4:03 PM, "jpf1940" <jpf1940@...> wrote:

                > --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com <mailto:nwbluegrass%40yahoogroups.com> ,
                > "Joe" <rossjoe@...> wrote:
                >> >
                >> > --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com <mailto:nwbluegrass%40yahoogroups.com> ,

                > Go Here > http://tela.sugarmegs.org/alpha/t.html <
                >
                > Scroll down to the tut taylor and then look at the view set list
                > it'l keep you busy for a spell
                >
                > JP

              • Bryan Chaffe
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 8, 2011