Week Ahead

  • joe ross
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
      Welcome to our list, Matthew, Doug and John. Thanks a lot for your intros.
      Jo, to answer your question about Pocatello pickers, I think there's an
      Idaho Bluegrass Association, but I don't have the website address handy. You
      can also hear live bluegrass occasionally at Dudley's, and you can catch
      "Bluegrass Breakdown" on the radio by tuning in KISU. To find others to jam
      with, you might ask around at the local music stores, esp. those that handle
      a lot of acoustic instruments.

      Here's what's coming up on the live music calendar for the week ahead. Seems
      kinda quiet this week. Is everyone working on taxes? or practicing? Are all
      the regular weekly gigs below still happening?
      Thanks
      Joe

      REGULAR THINGS

      Every Sunday --- Foghorn Leghorn - Old-Timey Music, The Moon and Six Pence,
      2014 NE 42nd, Portland - 7 - 10pm

      Every Monday --- Runaway Train at the Fish Bowl Pub in Olympia. They play
      from 8 to 10, no cover, and it's non smoking! You'll want to get there
      towards the beginning as the place fills up pretty fast. Info: Greg at
      thelin@... .

      Every Wednesday --- Redwood Highway, Bitter End Tavern, 1987 W. Burnside
      St., Portland, OR, 5:30-7:30 , $0.00. Info: (503)517-0208

      Every Wednesday --- Dave Mount and Martha Thompson old-timey "house band"
      which will play from 8-9 at the Alberta St. Pub (NE 11th & Alberta). The
      band plays for about an hour, followed by jam session. Music starts at 8pm,
      no cover charge, good food and brew and a cozy pub atmosphere. INFO:
      http://www.bubbaguitar.com/jamrules.html

      Every Wednesday --- The Longhorn BBQ, Spokane, WA, on Argonne St. has a
      Bluegrass Night from 6-9 PM, sponsored by the Kiwanis Club. There is a
      different host band each week. Info: Bruce Ainslie at bainslie@...

      Every Thursday --- The Stragglers Happy Hour - Portland's tightest bluegrass
      trio holds a fun little party. Snake and Weasel, 1720 SE 12th, Portland.
      (503)232-8338

      SPECIAL ONE-TIME THINGS

      Fri-Sun, April 5-7 --- Seattle Banjo Festival in Seattle; Various music
      genres; Includes jam sessions and workshops. www.seattlebanjoclub.com

      Sunday, April 7 --- 12:00 AM on KCTS, Seattle. Austin City Limits will have
      Bela Fleck & Friends.