RE: [nwbluegrass] RiverCiy lineup

  • BRINKERHOFFS
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31 8:49 PM
      Hi

      Nice lineup

      Check out

      www. joniharms.com

      From: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Chris
      Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:22 PM
      To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [nwbluegrass] RiverCiy lineup

      We can finally announce a partial lineup for RC this year (John Malloy is
      working hard to surpass himself after last year). So - we have Tommy
      Emmanuel, The Traveling McCourys, Steep Canyon Rangers, Peter Rowan
      Bluegrass Band, Sierra Hull and Hwy. 111, Hot Club of Cowtown, David
      Lindley, Joy Kills Sorrow, Geoff Muldaur and the Texas Sheiks featuring Jim
      Kweskin including Cindy Cashdollar & Suzy Thompson, The Boxcars, Dale
      Watson, Jim Lauderdale, Jesse Winchester.

      If you haven't seen Tommy Emmanuel, you might want to check him out on
      YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJ1k2HMoRU. He is one amazing
      guitar player and we were lucky to get him.

      We do have others on the burner and will make announcements as we are able.
      We hope you approve and will join us. For more information,
      visit.www.rivercitybluegrass.com. The dates are Jan 6-8 at the Red Lion On
      The River in Portland. Reduced price weekend passes & hotel rooms ($99) are
      now on sale. The hotel is giving us a 6pm checkout time on Sunday this year.
      For rooms: 503-283-4466 (these sold out early last year). For tickets,
      please visit the website or go to www.brownpapertickets.com and type on
      RiverCity Music Festival. Daily passes will go on sale in October.

      It was good to see many of you at Stevenson. Weren't the Seldom Scene's
      perfect harmonies amazing in the darkness and warmth of the beautiful
      Columbia Gorge? We look forward to Clatskanie this weekend. The weather is
      going to be perfect. Summer at last.

      Our best wishes to you all. Chris & Chuck Palmer

    • eddard
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 31 9:29 PM
        Awesome.

        http://www.eddard.com

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
          Jim Lauderdale - YES!!!

          David Lindley - AMAZING!!

          Hot Club of Cowtown - IM IN!!

          I would say that Mr. Malloy has already surpassed himself. Congratulations on a stellar line-up.

          Pete

          To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
            Other than Pete Rowan is there any Bluegrass lined up?

            jpf

            --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Pete Goodall <petekbcs@...> wrote:

            > Jim Lauderdale - YES!!!
            >
            > David Lindley - AMAZING!!
            >
            > Hot Club of Cowtown - IM IN!!
            >
            > I would say that Mr. Malloy has already surpassed himself. Congratulations on a stellar line-up.
            >
            > Pete
            >

            > To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
            > From: chrispalmer@...
            > Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 03:22:23 +0000
            > Subject: [nwbluegrass] RiverCiy lineup
            >

            > We can finally announce a partial lineup for RC this year (John Malloy is working hard to surpass himself after last year). So - we have Tommy Emmanuel, The Traveling McCourys, Steep Canyon Rangers, Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band, Sierra Hull and Hwy. 111, Hot Club of Cowtown, David Lindley, Joy Kills Sorrow, Geoff Muldaur and the Texas Sheiks featuring Jim Kweskin including Cindy Cashdollar & Suzy Thompson, The Boxcars, Dale Watson, Jim Lauderdale, Jesse Winchester.
            >
            > If you haven't seen Tommy Emmanuel, you might want to check him out on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJ1k2HMoRU. He is one amazing guitar player and we were lucky to get him.
            >
            > We do have others on the burner and will make announcements as we are able. We hope you approve and will join us. For more information, visit.www.rivercitybluegrass.com. The dates are Jan 6-8 at the Red Lion On The River in Portland. Reduced price weekend passes & hotel rooms ($99) are now on sale. The hotel is giving us a 6pm checkout time on Sunday this year. For rooms: 503-283-4466 (these sold out early last year). For tickets, please visit the website or go to www.brownpapertickets.com and type on RiverCity Music Festival. Daily passes will go on sale in October.
            >
            > It was good to see many of you at Stevenson. Weren't the Seldom Scene's perfect harmonies amazing in the darkness and warmth of the beautiful Columbia Gorge? We look forward to Clatskanie this weekend. The weather is going to be perfect. Summer at last.
            >
            > Our best wishes to you all. Chris & Chuck Palmer

          • pdidmh1
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
              Steep Canyon Rangers, The Boxcars, Sierra Hull and the Mccoury boys.

              Works for me. I can't wait.

              Dave

              _____

              --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com <mailto:nwbluegrass%40yahoogroups.com> ,
              Pete Goodall <petekbcs@...> wrote:

              > Jim Lauderdale - YES!!!
              >
              > David Lindley - AMAZING!!
              >
              > Hot Club of Cowtown - IM IN!!
              >
              > I would say that Mr. Malloy has already surpassed himself. Congratulations
              on a stellar line-up.

              > Pete
              >

              > To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com <mailto:nwbluegrass%40yahoogroups.com>
              > From: chrispalmer@...
              > Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 03:22:23 +0000
              > Subject: [nwbluegrass] RiverCiy lineup
              >

              > We can finally announce a partial lineup for RC this year (John Malloy is
              working hard to surpass himself after last year). So - we have Tommy
              Emmanuel, The Traveling McCourys, Steep Canyon Rangers, Peter Rowan
              Bluegrass Band, Sierra Hull and Hwy. 111, Hot Club of Cowtown, David
              Lindley, Joy Kills Sorrow, Geoff Muldaur and the Texas Sheiks featuring Jim
              Kweskin including Cindy Cashdollar & Suzy Thompson, The Boxcars, Dale
              Watson, Jim Lauderdale, Jesse Winchester.

              > If you haven't seen Tommy Emmanuel, you might want to check him out on
              YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJ1k2HMoRU. He is one amazing
              guitar player and we were lucky to get him.

              > We do have others on the burner and will make announcements as we are
              able. We hope you approve and will join us. For more information,
              visit.www.rivercitybluegrass.com. The dates are Jan 6-8 at the Red Lion On
              The River in Portland. Reduced price weekend passes & hotel rooms ($99) are
              now on sale. The hotel is giving us a 6pm checkout time on Sunday this year.
              For rooms: 503-283-4466 (these sold out early last year). For tickets,
              please visit the website or go to www.brownpapertickets.com and type on
              RiverCity Music Festival. Daily passes will go on sale in October.

              > It was good to see many of you at Stevenson. Weren't the Seldom Scene's
              perfect harmonies amazing in the darkness and warmth of the beautiful
              Columbia Gorge? We look forward to Clatskanie this weekend. The weather is
              going to be perfect. Summer at last.

              > Our best wishes to you all. Chris & Chuck Palmer

            • Pete Goodall
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
                Jim Lauderdale has a great new recording out called called "Reason & Rhyme" which is an outstanding bluegrass recording.

                Here's an interview with Jim

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPH1rXEjn1g

                Pete

                To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
                From: jpf1940@...
                Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:01:02 +0000

                Other than Pete Rowan is there any Bluegrass lined up?

                jpf

                --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Pete Goodall <petekbcs@...> wrote:

                > Jim Lauderdale - YES!!!
                >
                > David Lindley - AMAZING!!
                >
                > Hot Club of Cowtown - IM IN!!
                >
                > I would say that Mr. Malloy has already surpassed himself. Congratulations on a stellar line-up.
                >
                > Pete
                >

                > To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
                > From: chrispalmer@...
                > Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 03:22:23 +0000
                > Subject: [nwbluegrass] RiverCiy lineup
                >

                > We can finally announce a partial lineup for RC this year (John Malloy is working hard to surpass himself after last year). So - we have Tommy Emmanuel, The Traveling McCourys, Steep Canyon Rangers, Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band, Sierra Hull and Hwy. 111, Hot Club of Cowtown, David Lindley, Joy Kills Sorrow, Geoff Muldaur and the Texas Sheiks featuring Jim Kweskin including Cindy Cashdollar & Suzy Thompson, The Boxcars, Dale Watson, Jim Lauderdale, Jesse Winchester.
                >
                > If you haven't seen Tommy Emmanuel, you might want to check him out on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJ1k2HMoRU. He is one amazing guitar player and we were lucky to get him.
                >
                > We do have others on the burner and will make announcements as we are able. We hope you approve and will join us. For more information, visit.www.rivercitybluegrass.com. The dates are Jan 6-8 at the Red Lion On The River in Portland. Reduced price weekend passes & hotel rooms ($99) are now on sale. The hotel is giving us a 6pm checkout time on Sunday this year. For rooms: 503-283-4466 (these sold out early last year). For tickets, please visit the website or go to www.brownpapertickets.com and type on RiverCity Music Festival. Daily passes will go on sale in October.
                >
                > It was good to see many of you at Stevenson. Weren't the Seldom Scene's perfect harmonies amazing in the darkness and warmth of the beautiful Columbia Gorge? We look forward to Clatskanie this weekend. The weather is going to be perfect. Summer at last.
                >
                > Our best wishes to you all. Chris & Chuck Palmer

              • Marv Sobolesky
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
                  Can't resist..What is bluegrass? :)

                  Thanks Chris! This is a most amazing lineup! Can't wait for this one! Tommy Emanuel is amazing and will be the first time I will get to see him perform live. Thanks!!!

                  Marv Sobolesky
                  www.marvsmusic.com

                  On Aug 1, 2011, at 9:01 AM, "jpf1940" <jpf1940@...> wrote:

                  > Other than Pete Rowan is there any Bluegrass lined up?
                  >
                  > jpf
                  >
                  > ---

                • kencradio
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
                    Marv Sobolesky <marv@...> wrote:

                    Can't resist..What is bluegrass? :)
                    Thanks Chris! This is a most amazing lineup! Can't wait for this one! Tommy Emanuel is amazing and will be the first time I will get to see him perform live. Thanks!!! Marv Sobolesky

                    Ken remarks. I had the pleasure of seeing Tommy Emanuel at Winfield in 2011.. I was wandering around and went to the old grandstands to hang out during soundcheck and watched Tommy for an hour, all alone.. No one else in the grandstands but two sound people and me. What a show. Tommy kept asking me if the sound was good. I said yes and do you take requests? He smiled, said sure and asked what I wanted to hear. I asked if he could play Tico Tico.. Wow! Wish he had that in his set list as a regular song feature. He asked if there was anything else after he finished. I laughed and asked? There's More? He had a good laugh and went back to picking...Didn't need to go back and see the show. I had my own.. Can't wait to see him and the others at River City.. Nice lineup.. Kenc
                  • john
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                      Sierra Hull, The Travelin Mcourys, The Boxcars, Jim Lauderdale. Steep Canyon Rangers. These are all great bluegrass acts, and there are some more in the works.
                      --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "jpf1940" <jpf1940@...> wrote:

                      > Other than Pete Rowan is there any Bluegrass lined up?
                      >
                      > jpf
                      >
                      > --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Pete Goodall <petekbcs@> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > Jim Lauderdale - YES!!!
                      > >
                      > > David Lindley - AMAZING!!
                      > >
                      > > Hot Club of Cowtown - IM IN!!
                      > >
                      > > I would say that Mr. Malloy has already surpassed himself. Congratulations on a stellar line-up.
                      > >
                      > > Pete
                      > >

                      > > To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
                      > > From: chrispalmer@
                      > > Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 03:22:23 +0000
                      > > Subject: [nwbluegrass] RiverCiy lineup
                      > >

                      > > We can finally announce a partial lineup for RC this year (John Malloy is working hard to surpass himself after last year). So - we have Tommy Emmanuel, The Traveling McCourys, Steep Canyon Rangers, Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band, Sierra Hull and Hwy. 111, Hot Club of Cowtown, David Lindley, Joy Kills Sorrow, Geoff Muldaur and the Texas Sheiks featuring Jim Kweskin including Cindy Cashdollar & Suzy Thompson, The Boxcars, Dale Watson, Jim Lauderdale, Jesse Winchester.
                      > >
                      > > If you haven't seen Tommy Emmanuel, you might want to check him out on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJ1k2HMoRU. He is one amazing guitar player and we were lucky to get him.
                      > >
                      > > We do have others on the burner and will make announcements as we are able. We hope you approve and will join us. For more information, visit.www.rivercitybluegrass.com. The dates are Jan 6-8 at the Red Lion On The River in Portland. Reduced price weekend passes & hotel rooms ($99) are now on sale. The hotel is giving us a 6pm checkout time on Sunday this year. For rooms: 503-283-4466 (these sold out early last year). For tickets, please visit the website or go to www.brownpapertickets.com and type on RiverCity Music Festival. Daily passes will go on sale in October.
                      > >
                      > > It was good to see many of you at Stevenson. Weren't the Seldom Scene's perfect harmonies amazing in the darkness and warmth of the beautiful Columbia Gorge? We look forward to Clatskanie this weekend. The weather is going to be perfect. Summer at last.
                      > >
                      > > Our best wishes to you all. Chris & Chuck Palmer

                    • Gtrglenn
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 3, 2011
                        I love the Tommy Emmanuel booking on so many levels, as well as David Lindley. There is a sizeable "fingerstyle" guitar community in Portland and surrounding area. I don't know that they already do or don't cross over to the bluegrass. My assumption is that in large part that they don't, but that doesn't mean they won't. River City is a great event to build some bridges. I'm a good example of someone who didn't grow up with bluegrass but has come to really love the music and the fantastic community that supports it. I spent some time in the fingerstyle circles a dozen years ago and I think they'll come for Tommy E. and stay to hear the rest, and that's how we build the brand folks.

                        Hats off to the Palmers and John Malloy for building a very special Portland event.

                        Glenn on guitar
                        Kate White Band

                        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "john" <pdx_malloy@...> wrote:

                        > Sierra Hull, The Travelin Mcourys, The Boxcars, Jim Lauderdale. Steep Canyon Rangers. These are all great bluegrass acts, and there are some more in the works.

                      • Chris
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 4, 2011
                          --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Gtrglenn" <glennfarley@...> wrote:

                          > I love the Tommy Emmanuel booking on so many levels, as well as David Lindley. There is a sizeable "fingerstyle" guitar community in Portland and surrounding area. I don't know that they already do or don't cross over to the bluegrass. My assumption is that in large part that they don't, but that doesn't mean they won't. River City is a great event to build some bridges. I'm a good example of someone who didn't grow up with bluegrass but has come to really love the music and the fantastic community that supports it. I spent some time in the fingerstyle circles a dozen years ago and I think they'll come for Tommy E. and stay to hear the rest, and that's how we build the brand folks.
                          >
                          > Hats off to the Palmers and John Malloy for building a very special Portland event.
                          >

                          > Glenn on guitar
                          > Kate White Band
                          >

                          > --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "john" <pdx_malloy@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Sierra Hull, The Travelin Mcourys, The Boxcars, Jim Lauderdale. Steep Canyon Rangers. These are all great bluegrass acts, and there are some more in the works.

                        • Bill Martin
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 5, 2011
                            Malloy dipped deep 'nuff in the puckerbrush to get my attention. I'd like
                            to see way more real old style bluegrass but am I going to whine about a
                            festival that brings The Boxcars, Geoff Muldaur, Jim Kweskin and Suzy Thompson
                            to Portland? Rivercity is doing what it needs to do to thrive as an urban
                            music festival so it can afford to also give us bluegrass in the mix. That's
                            good enough for me, and it's all the better if some of the non-bluegrass is
                            stuff like the Texas Sheiks and ilk. Hot dog!

                            From: "Chris" <chrispalmer@...>