concerts and jams

  • kencradio
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011
      Concerts at Cartwright's music & event center for 2010-2011...
      429 N. 3rd. Ave. Stayton OR 97383 503-769-2778

      Jan 22, 2011... Runaway Train $10... Runaway Train has evolved through the years to it's present formation as a four piece group. Their material ranges from high energy instrumental pieces and vocal lead and tight harmony to soulful waltzes. They perform throughout the NW at festivals, shows and private events. Also, they are host band for Bluegrass from the Forest festival in Shelton, WA. Members are: Nolan Elwell - Mandolin and vocal; Greg Linder - guitar and vocals; Kent Powell - bass and vocals; Luke Dewhirst - banjo (2009 Rockygrass champ!)and vocals. runawaytrainbluegrass.com. ... Doors open at 6:30 PM, show-time is 7:00 PM

      January 15, 2011...
      " LITTLE OPRY IN THE VALLEY TORNADO VICTIMS RELIEF FUND CONCERT"

      January 15th at 6 PM in the Aumsville Community Center, @ 595 Main Street, Community radio AM 1460 KCKX will present a fundraiser concert for the uninsured victims of the recent tornado that touched down December 14, 2010 in the city. Many homeowners and residents were without insurance or have high deductibles that prevent them from getting their roofs repaired, windows replaced or have place high burdens on them that they can't afford to deal with. Our intent is to provide them with some relief as well as what others are contributing to help them out. An oral auction will also be a part of this concert and all items are being donated to help raise funds. Our goal is to raise $10,000 from this event. Admission is a suggested $5 or more per person at the door.

      The following bands and performers have agreed to donate their services for this event: "Old Circle Bluegrass Band", "Bluestone County", "BobbiLynn Forbus", "Joe Stoddard", Pat Robinson and the Getto in the city Band", "The Baxter Hill Bluegrass Gospel Band" and "The Willamette Valley Boys and Zach Driscoll W/Ken Cartwright and Jered Widman". Our emcee will be Randy Hill from the Willamette Valley Life magazine.

      Individuals who would like to donate either items for auction or money for this effort, are asked to contact Ken Cartwright at 503-769-5362. Items can be dropped off at KCKX studios at 429 N 3rd. Ave, Stayton OR Wednesday through Friday between noon and 6 PM.. Checks should be made payable to The Aumsville Tornado Relief Fund and the checks can either be brought to the concert on January 15, 2011 or can be mailed to KCKX, P.O. Box 889, Stayton OR, 97383

      Jan 29, 2011... Bluegrass Jam session... Bluegrass Jam session... always free... Keeping the Christmas and the bluegrass sprit alive with Great Christmas festivities. Hope you can come and see Santa too.. 5 to 6 PM, our popular slow jam. 6 to 8 PM our regular jam... Free and open to listeners too

      Feb. 5, 2011... Howdy Boys w/Rob Bulkley $12... The Howdy Boys are four musical brothers on a mission to bring the hard driving honky tonk sounds of early Bluegrass music into the 21st century. Doug Bright's fiddle screams and moans with emotion at one moment, then sweetly gallops through an old breakdown the next. Bill Scott's banjo dances nimbly in and out of the mix, charging ahead to set the pace on a barnburning number, then providing a swinging backbeat to a country weeper. Rob Bulkley plays solid rhythm guitar, punctuating the music with surprising runs and coaxing bluesy melodic lines from his ancient instrument. Jeff Brohier's bass playing powers the band to new heights, and his infectious energy lights fires everywhere. The vocals are heartfelt and true to the spirit and sound of traditional bluegrass. The material ranges from hard core
      traditional bluegrass to dance hall country to ancient instrumental tunes to brand new old-time sounding compositions, all delivered with style, passion, and humor. Doors open at 6:30 PM, show time 7:00 PM

      Feb. 26, 2011... Bluegrass Jam session...Bluegrass Jam session... always free... Keeping the Christmas and the bluegrass sprit alive with Great Christmas festivities. Hope you can come and see Santa too.. 5 to 6 PM, our popular slow jam. 6 to 8 PM our regular jam... Free and open to listeners too

      Mar. 5, 2011 ... Steve Smith & Friends $10... Steve Smith (mandolin, mandola, guitar, vocals) and Chris Sanders (guitar, vocals) have been appearing together for five years as a duo and in the Las Cruces, New Mexico based group "Steve Smith and Hard Road". Their music has grown from Steve's love of bluegrass rooted in his native Virginia and the beauty of choral singing ever-present in Chris' Minnesota childhood. Together, this north/south heartbeat and lilt provide their unique approach to Americana. In performances across the country, this pair of life-long musicians has captured audiences with the depth of their songwriting and the power of their distinctive voices. Doors open at 6:30 PM

      March 26, 2011 ... Bluegrass Jam session... Bluegrass Jam session... always free... Keeping the Christmas and the bluegrass sprit alive with Great Christmas festivities. Hope you can come and see Santa too.. 5 to 6 PM, our popular slow jam. 6 to 8 PM our regular jam... Free and open to listeners too

      April 9, 2011 ... Gospel Show with Bill Jolliff & Friends $10... Like Christmas for kids, I feel the same way about Bill Jolliff's shows.. I can hardly wait. What will he bring to us this time? No matter if it's a lump of coal, it's always great and you will enjoy his messages and his presence. His songs are like great Christmas gifts. You didn't know you needed it, but you're glad to get it.. We always sell out on Bills shows, so get your tickets early; in fact, they would make great early or late Christmas gifts. Doors open at 6:30 PM. Show at 7:00.

      April 30, 2011... Bluegrass Jam session ... always Free and this is the last one of this season.. Bluegrass Jam session... always free... Keeping the Christmas and the bluegrass sprit alive with Great Christmas festivities. Hope you can come and see Santa too.. 5 to 6 PM, our popular slow jam. 6 to 8 PM our regular jam... Free and open to listeners too