Digital photos

  • Joe Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2001
      Hi!
      Does anyone have some digital photos from bluegrass events in the
      northwest that they can email me? I would like to add some to our file
      space. The best size is 640X480 pixels...and under 150Kbs, but I can
      also resize them if necessary.
      Thanks a lot!
      Joe
    • Dee Ann Davidshofer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2001
        I'll try to see what came out -- we're still in the learning curve for that
        camera. Lots to know!

        BTW, the big Sam Hill CD project is finally on its way for mastering.
        Should be back any day now, ready for duplication. Yea! Hopefully, we're
        looking at a February 1 release date. We'll see...

        Dee Ann

        Sam Hill / KBOO 90.7 FM
        Portland, OR
        ``````````````````````````````````````````
        "Music without passion is math."
        Visit the Sam Hill web site at www.pcez.com/~smithj/

        Why don't you send some of the ones you guys took with Chuck's new camera at
        Waller's? (All of them *except* any that may have been taken of me!!!) There
        were some great moments!

        -Scio Sal
      • Sally Metts
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2001
          Hey Dee Ann,

          Why don't you send some of the ones you guys took with Chuck's new camera at
          Waller's? (All of them *except* any that may have been taken of me!!!) There
          were some great moments!

          -Scio Sal

          >From: "Joe Ross" <rossjoe@...>
          >To: nwbluegrass@egroups.com
          >Subject: [nwbluegrass] Digital photos
          >Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 07:14:04 -0000
          >
          >Hi!
          >Does anyone have some digital photos from bluegrass events in the
          >northwest that they can email me? I would like to add some to our file
          >space. The best size is 640X480 pixels...and under 150Kbs, but I can
          >also resize them if necessary.
          >Thanks a lot!
          >Joe

        • Sally Metts
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2001
            Dee Ann,

            Is there any way you can get a promo pack with that CD to the OBA so it can
            be included in the special local bands' CD thing we are doing this upcoming
            issue? Krista is working on the cover now and the copy deadline for stuff to
            me is the 15th. The cover will feature a bunch of local CD covers for a
            tiled effect. On the inside we will feature little blurbs about each CD, the
            information for which we will glean directly from the promo materials. This
            will be our way to showcase local bands' CDs without having to try to review
            our friends' music. Normally we don't review local CDs, which, if any of you
            read the anonymous reviewer's first two reviews, is really a good thing.
            That person can be somewhat harsh. <g>

            Speaking of the anonymous reviewer; Some of you may be interested in knowing
            that I gave the reviewer my copies of Larry Cordle and Lonesome Standard
            Time's "Murder on Music Row" and Dan Tyminski's new CD. I will be amazed if
            that reviewer can find much, if any, fault with either of those. (BTW, has
            Chuck ever considered doing "Murder on Music Row"? He would KA on that one!)

            Now, on another note; Everyone make sure you mark your calendars for the
            Bluegrass on Center Stage Show, featuring the Knott Bros., Grassy Creek and
            Madison Avenue Bluegrass Band. It's a the Umpqua Community College in the
            Whipple Fine Arts Center on Saturday, January 13th at 7:00pm. The doors open
            at 6:30pm, cost is only $5 for adults, $3 for students and under 12 free.
            Tickets are available at the door and the concert will benefit the new
            Oregon State Bluegrass Festival in Winston's River Bend Park on August 24,
            25 & 26, 2K1. We all know how great the Knotts are and Grassy Creek features
            teenager Johnny Zumwalt on banjo (Wow! The boys got pipes, too!) AND Madison
            Ave. features Carl Miner on guitar and mandolin! It don't get much better
            than that!

            For those of you in the Salem area, there is the Waldo Hills jam this
            Sunday. Waldo Hills is a community Hall on Cascade Highway inbetween
            Sublimity and Silverton. The jam is all acoustic and begins at 1pm. For more
            info, just email me off list.

            -Scio Sal